4- Jump then fall

"How long is the drive still?"

"Long."

Taylor lets out a long sigh and sits back in her chair. The sun is starting to rise above the horizon as yet another city dooms up in the distance.

"Karlieeee.." Taylor wines. "Where the hell are we going?"

Karlie smiles, keeping her eyes on the road. "Are you just gonna keep on trying?" She asks, amusement in her voice.

Taylor smiles and nods. She feels weird, not knowing anything about the girl driving the car but somehow still liking her so much. They laugh a lot, having the same kind of humor. They talk a lot too, about anything really. No hard or deep topics though. Mostly about funny things, animals, food or fun experiences they have had in the past. The serious topics weren't discussed yet, that wasn't normal for them yet. Every time Taylor tries to talk about something serious with the green eyed girl, she grows silent or changes topics. Taylor knows its because Karlie doesn't want to mix her work and her private life together. But the two women practically live together now, so Taylor just kept on trying and trying to just get the tall girl to really talk with her. About other stuff than cats and pizza.

"Hello, are you still here?" Karlie asks, looking at the blue eyed woman for a short while before averting her gaze back to the road.

Taylor shakes her head a little, she had been lost in her thoughts. "Y- yeah." She replies.

"Wow, you were lost in there." Karlie says, pointing towards Taylor's head. "Wanna share?"

Taylor looked to her side, seeing the green eyed woman quickly look back at the road. She is surprised. This is the first time her kidnapper had shown interest in her direct thoughts. Sure they had talked about simple stuff, but Karlie had never asked Taylor anything personal like this.

"I was just.. thinking.." She replies.

"About?" Karlie asks, smiling again but looking at the road. Taylor watches her from the side, observing her face.

"Uhmm well I thought about how we don't really talk. Like we.. we talk. But we don't.. talk. You know?" The blue eyed girl says.

Karlie giggles at that, and it makes Taylor smile. "You really are better with words in your songs than you are with them in real life." She says, making Taylor smack her arm.

"I just mean.. that we don't really talk about serious topics. And every time I try to talk with you. You stay quiet or you change the topic." Taylor says, still studying the girl's face. Her eyebrows frown a bit but she keeps a straight face and stays quiet.

"I.. I don't want to mix my personal life with my work.." The tall woman says after a while before letting out a sigh.

"I know.. you have told me that." Taylor says, still looking at the girl, who stares at the road with her eyebrows furrowed. "But right now, I kinda also am your personal life. I mean, I don't know how long you will still 'protect' me. But I bet its not all going to be over like tomorrow or something."

"Its still.. supposed to be work.. for me." Karlie mumbles.

"Yeah but we can make the best out of it at least." Taylor tries, wanting to lay her hand on the green eyed girl's shoulder, which she doesn't do since she doesn't want the conversation to turn weird. "Look, I can sit here in silence too. But we can also be.. friends.. or something.."

"Yeah." Karlie mumbles then, looking at the other girl for the first time and locking her eyes with hers.

"Its just.." Karlie mumbles before sighing deeply again and staring at the long road in front of them. "I.. I have had this.. friendship.. kinda thing before with someone I protected in the past.. and we.. it.. it didn't end that well." Karlie's voice sounds soft and she talks fast, Taylor has to try really hard to get everything she says.