14- The other side of the door

June is just around the corner and the sun is shining brightly through the windows of the apartment. Karlie sits behind her mac-book, typing yet another e-mail to her boss about the 'situation' as he likes to call it. Karlie and Taylor hadn't spoken a word since the incident in Portugal. Karlie had tried and tried to get the famous singer to talk to her but not a word would leave her mouth. The only time Karlie would hear Taylor speak was when she was in her room, strumming the guitar and singing along. The melodies and songs Karlie heard through the walls were often sad and bitter. They described the exact emotions Karlie has felt for such a long time now. The secret agent often lays on her bed, listening to the sad tunes coming out of the other room and wonders if the singer would feel the same. Would Taylor actually feel the same sadness, bitterness and anger as Karlie is feeling?

And so here Karlie Kloss is once again, listening to a sadly singing Taylor Swift in the room next to hers in the middle of Berlin. Karlie hadn't chosen to go to Germany. She hadn't even thought of the country, since it wasn't exactly anywhere near to their last shelter in Portugal. Yet her boss had sent them a week ago, saying it would be a good hiding spot and that the 'criminals' wouldn't expect them to travel all the way back up through Europe.

The singing next door stops and Karlie can hear Taylor get out of her room as the heavy wooden doors creak harshly when opened. Karlie knows better than to get out of her own room now as the two women cant even seem to be in the same room anymore.

The secret agent lets out a loud sigh and stretches out her tired limbs. She's just so done with this. All the avoiding and ignoring. She just wishes she would've never listened to her stupid boss telling her to 'stop' her romantic feelings for the beautiful blonde woman she was destined to protect. You cant just stop feelings, Karlie certainly knows that now. She found out the hard way.

The tall woman sits there for a while, behind her desk until she thinks Taylor must have gone back into her room. She finally gets up from the uncomfortable wooden chair she had been sitting on for a few hours now and opens the bedroom door. She surprised when two very blue eyes stare right into her green ones.

"Ehmm.. hi?" Karlie mumbles nervously, looking down at the ground.

"I.. ehmm.. hi." Taylor mumbles back, taking a step backwards and fumbling with something in her hands. Karlie looks down at it and sees it's a piece of paper.

"How are y- I mean are you okay?" Taylor asks, very much to Karlie's surprise. She looks up and looks into the singer's blue orbs once more. She has never seen Taylor's eyes this fragile and frightened before.

"I.. Im okay I guess." She replies, some anger faintly boiling up inside of her body. She pushes it away however, not wanting to start any new drama. "How are you?" She asks bravely.

"I.. I.. have something to give to you Karlie." Taylor says, seeming to ignore the question as she ruffles with the piece of paper in one hand and brushes a strain of hair behind her ear with the other. Karlie crosses her arms over her chest in a protective manor, watching the nervous blonde as she speaks. "I.. I havent been that nice- well I've been a bitch to you and.. and I wanted to apologise." Taylor's words are soft but sincere, Karlie could hear that. "I didn't know how you would react.. ehmm.. to me talking to you. So I wanted to slide this note underneath your door.. I figured that-"

"Thank you." Karlie says, interrupting the older girl's rambling.

"You can just read it later.. I didn't mean to interrupt anything you were doing.. I just.. I just.. well I should go.. ehm.. yeah. Bye." Taylor mumbles nervously, averting her gaze from Karlie's eyes back to her hands and then turning and walking into her own bedroom.