16- Braced myself for the goodbye

"This is so high class. Im so not used to this anymore." Taylor says as her and Karlie take off in the private jet Karlie had arranged for the two of them. Two weeks had passed and Josh had finally left the two women alone since he was called back to 'the office'.

Karlie and Taylor were now able to take the companies private jet, since the singer's 'wanted' level had gone down a few degrees, making it less of a danger for her to fly instead of drive.

"I know, you must have missed this, miss superstar." Karlie smiles.

"Oh shut up, don't you act like you don't like this way more than all the driving we did." Taylor replies, smiling back at the secret agent, who just shrugged her shoulders. "Plus, i'm very happy my 'wanted' level has gone down."

Karlie nods then, looking away from the singer before saying: "Yes, me too."

"What are you thinking about?" Taylor asks, noticing Karlie's change of behaviour.

"Nothing." Karlie says, still not looking at her girlfriend.

"Karls.."

"NOTHING, TAYLOR!" The secret agents erupts, making Taylor sit back in her seat.

"Fine." She huffs, taken aback by Karlie's loud response.

They continue their travel to the apartment in Croatia in silence. "It's nice and warm here." Taylor says as she opens the doors to the balcony.

"Mhm." Karlie replies, unpacking their stuff a bit, since this will be the place where they will stay for quite some time.

Taylor lets out a loud groan and plops down on the bed on which Karlie is laying all their clothes out. "Hey," Karlie says. "I was-"

"What is going on?" Taylor interrupts her. "You've been acting strange and weird today."

Karlie sighs and sits down next to Taylor. "Tay, I didn't want to tell you this yet because I know you'll worry and-"

"Just.." Taylor sighs. "Just spill it."

"I..I have to go after these two weeks." Karlie says.

"Go?" Taylor asks, her eyes widening. "Go where?"

"Australia actually." Karlie says, looking down at her hands.

"But.. Why.. I mean I thought your boss had said it would be okay if you'd protect me. As long as I am safe. Right?"

"You are safe without me now though." Karlie sighs. "I mean its great but yeah.."

"What do you mean?" Taylor asks, not understanding anything the younger girl is saying.

"They killed 'em." Karlie says, smiling at the singer. "They killed the criminals that were hunting you down. They found them last week, Josh and his team did."

"Wh-"

"They wanted to arrest them but they started to run and so they had to shoot three of them. The rest of the gang is in prison for the rest of the rest of their lives." Karlie explains, finishing her story.

"So i'm.. Im free then?" Taylor asks, her eyes and mouth wide open. "Its.. over?"

"Well yes.. but.." Karlie starts before being interrupted by the singer.

"But what?!" She asks in fear.

Karlie laughs and takes the famous singer's hands in hers. "But.." She continues. "I was wondering if you would like to stay here with me for a week or two still. As a.. vacation?"

Taylor smiles and sighs in relief. "Of course I would like that Karlie." Karlie kisses the blonde's hands and smiles. "Does that mean I wont see you for a while then?" The singer asks, already dreading the answer she knows she'll get from the beautiful woman sitting next to her.