15- On the outside

"Good afternoon, Karlie and.. miss Swift." Josh says politely.

"What are you doing here?" Karlie asks quickly, feeling Taylor's questioning eyes boring into her skull.

"Well, the boss send me." Josh says, sitting down on the red leather couch in the middle of the room. "To.. you know, keep an eye on miss Swift and well.. you."

"I don't think that will be necessary." Taylor says then, speaking up for the first time. "Karlie has told me all about her training and since she is the best agent in the company, I think she can keep an eye on me just fine."

Josh lets out a laugh as he smiles up at the famous singer from the couch he's sitting on. "You see miss Swift," He starts, averting his gaze from both Taylor and Karlie's eyes. "Miss Kloss here might've not told you everything. She and this other client were.. romantically involved with one another a couple of years ago. She-"

"Karlie has told me all of that." Taylor says, stepping forward towards Josh and looking him strictly in the eye. "But you don't have to worry, there is.. nothing romantic going on between me and," She points at the green eyed secret agent and looks into her eyes shortly. "Her."

"Our boss seems to think otherwise, miss Swift. You have to understand that our agency only wants the best for you. We need to keep you safe, and to keep you as safe as we can we need to make sure there are no bumps in the road."

"Well, no bumps here." Taylor says, narrowing her eyes at this Josh guy she already hates.

"Good." Josh says, getting up from the couch with that same sly smile on his face. "Then there shouldn't be a problem with me staying here for a while."

Karlie struggles to contain the gulp coming out of her throat but does so eventually. Taylor and her share a panicked look as Josh walks over to the kitchen. "Just, don't mind me here ladies. Pretend like i'm not here."

Taylor sighs deeply, her good thoughts and expectations for the next couple of days flying right out of the window. Karlie and her were finally talking again. All their real feelings were admitted and now they had to pretent like there was nothing romantic or even friendly going on between them.

"We don't have a spare room." Karlie comments dryly, following Josh into the kitchen. "So you're gonna have to sleep on the couch.

"Oh, I thought there were two rooms." Josh says nonchalantly, opening the fridge.

"There are." Karlie says, crossing two arms over her chest. "One for Taylor. One for me."

"Oh I see, you're not even sharing." Josh says, a tiny smirk on his face as he grabs a bottle of soda and closes the fridge again.

"Listen Josh, I like you. You're a nice guy-"

"Well I hope so, we dated for a while. Don't think you would've done that otherwise. But then again, I think your interests might have changed a bit."

Karlie swings forward and grabs Josh's arm roughly. "Listen asshole, you're not gonna ruin anything here! Just that you know. Taylor and I are nothing more than.. friends or well, business partners. It is my job to protect her so you're not gonna stick that big nose of yours in any of my business. Understood?"

Josh looks a bit surprised by his colleague's sudden outburst but composes himself quickly. "Yes, Kloss. Im only doing my job too, okay?" He says annoyedly, shaking his arm out of her hold.

"Good. Stick to your own stuff then." She says, storming out of the kitchen a second later, seeing that Taylor is standing in the doorframe with two wide eyes. "Lets go for a walk. Please?" Karlie asks, already storming past the singer and putting her leather jacket on. Taylor follows the secret agent and puts her own coat on too, brushing a hand through her bleached blonde hair as she looks at Karlie expectingly.