22- Begin again

It's 3.35am when the phone rings.

Taylor's eyes open immediately, sleep not being her best friend these days anyway. She looks to her side, where her phone is laying on her bedside table. The screen lights up, saying it's an unknown number. 

Taylor knows it's the hospital who's calling, and that they would only call in two cases. One good and one bad.

She sits up and grabs her phone, which is still ringing. She takes a deep breath and answers the call. "Hello, It's Taylor."

"Hello, this is the LA hospital, Mandy speaking." The woman on the other side of the line says neutrally. "Am I speaking to Taylor Swift, first contact of Miss Kloss?" The woman asks officially.

"Yes.." Taylor says, her hands sweaty and her heart rate picking up. "Yes, that's me." She repeats. "What is going on? Is everything okay? Did something happen?" 

It seems like an entire century passed before the woman replies. "Yes ma'am, I'm calling you to inform you that.. miss Kloss.."

"Woke up."

Taylor's breathing stops as her eyes widen and her phone almost drops out of her hands. She stares off into the darkness and breathes heavily. 'She woke up..'

"Ma'am?" The woman says. "Ma'am, are you still there?" 

Taylor shakes her head rapidly. 

"Y-yes." She says. "How is she?" 

"She is still very confused and the doctors think that her brain might have been damaged." The woman says. "You can come over now though."

"Oh my god." Taylor says. "Oh my god, yes I will." She jumps up from her bed, bumping her toe on the bedside table as she does so. "I am on my way!" She shouts at the lady as she hangs up the phone and runs out of her room after turning on all the lights.

"SELENA!" She screams, entering one of the guest bedrooms. "SELENA!"

The dark haired girl shoots up in bed and looks at Taylor with two wide, scared eyes. 

"What?!" She asks, shocked all the sudden sounds. 

"SHE WOKE UP!" Taylor screams as she jumps on Selena's bed. "We have to go, now!" 

"She.. woke.. huh, what?" Selena mumbled, looking at the blonde dumbfounded. "WAIT, SHE WHAT?!" 

"She woke up Selena! She finally woke up!" Taylor shouts, running out of Selena's room and towards her closet. A few minutes later both women are sat in one of Taylor's SUV's, being driven to the hospital by one of Taylor's guards.

"Did they tell you how she is?" Selena asks as they almost arrive at the hospital. 

"The woman said she's very confused still." Taylor says, staring at the hospital entrance eagerly. "And that she might have brain damage."

"Oh." Selena says. "Tay, maybe she.. is very forgetful then and-" 

"I know." Taylor says, opening the car's door. "I know, Sel."

The two women enter the hospital and immediately walk over to the IC unit, where Karlie had been sleeping the past month. When they walk over to room 11, where Taylor has visited her girlfriend for all that time. They pass the corner and walk into the room, which is to Taylor's and Selena's surprise very empty. The worst thought skips through Taylor's mind. "Wha-"

"Miss Kloss has been moved to the rest ward." A voice says. Taylor turns around and sees it's one of the now familiar nurses. She breathes out in relief. "Thank god.." She whispers. 

"Thanks." Selena says to the nurse, as Taylor is already making her way to the other ward, where she had stayed as well. 

"Room four!" The woman shouts behind the two women. Selena runs after Taylor, who is already standing in one of the lifts. The two best friends stay quiet all the way up to floor five. When the doors open, Taylor practically flies through them, searching for the room her girlfriend would be laying in.