13: Stolen kisses

It's the end of May and Taylor could finally sit outside without a jacket on. It had been more than a whole month since the two women had left the villa in Portugal. They were now located on some kind of farm in Italy. Taylor doesn't even know where exactly they are, but she does know she likes the calm surrounding they're in. A few days ago, she had gone to town, with the secret agent following her of course, and had gotten herself a guitar.

She was now sitting on the small farm's balcony, strumming a few random chords on her new instrument. It was now that she realised how much she had actually missed music.

"Hey." A voice sounds then, and Taylor knows it's Karlie's. She doesn't respond however, just like she hasn't done in over a month and a half. 41 days to be exact. Not that she is counting or whatever.

"I.. I made some pasta and I figured you would be hungry.. I mean since you have been sitting here all day and all.. so yeah. I hope it tastes nice." Karlie rambles anxiously, still hoping the singer will at least acknowledge her presence. Her hopes are soon crushed however when she stands there for a few more seconds, in an awkward silence. "I.. I hope you enjoy.. that. Have a good night." She says, trying not to let the disappointment shimmer through.

Taylor is having a hard time not replying to Karlie's sweet words. She knows the girl is sorry but she also knows if she lets her in again, there is a fair chance the green eyed beauty will crush her heart into a million pieces again, even though that had probably never been her intention.

When hearing the balcony door closing, she sighs and takes the plate that Karlie had put on the table beside her. It looks absolutely amazing. The plate is well made up and the food smells delicious. She takes a bite and discovers that the taste is even ten times better than the smell. She sits back in her chair and looks at the view. The houss surrounded by grass fields and vineyards and it looks wonderful at the time, with the sun sinking slowly behind the horizon.

Taylor finishes her food and puts the plate on the table again before playing a few new chord combination on her guitar. She gasps when hearing a melody in her head and starts writing a few lines down in the small notebook that she had also gotten in town the other day. After about half an hour, she ends up finishing a whole song about heartbreak, love and pain. 

Since it is now getting kind of chilly, she gathers her stuff and steps into the house. When she walks over to her own room, she notices some movement in the corner of her eye. She looks to her side and sees Karlie standing there, staring at her with doubting eyes. Taylor has a hard time looking away from the gorgeous, green eyed woman, but steps into her room eventually and closes the door behind her quickly. She throws her guitar on the bed and puts her empty plate on some side table in the room. "Gosh.." She breathes, still not at all over the girl on the other side of the door.

"Taylor.." She hears someone say softly on the other side of the door. She knows what Karlie's intentions are, she knows she wants to make it right and that she wants to talk. Thats just so Karlie. She can't however. She can not risk getting her heart broken again. She locks the door behind her and rushes into the bathroom attached to her room, wanting to wash all of her negative thoughts off her, underneath a warm shower.

—————————————————————————————————————————

It had been the worst mistake of her life. She was sure of that now. Her and Taylor would never ever be okay again, Karlie realised that now.

"Fuck.." She mumbles as she falls down on her bed. It has been 41 days since her and the superstar have talked for the last time, in Portugal. Not that it had been that nice of a talk, but it had definitely been better than this.