♔ 2

Just to clarify anything in italics is a flashback / memory (:

***

Damien | Sunday September 15th, 2013 |11:00 AM

Four years in that damn hospital bed had me all fucked up, my back's so stiff I feel like an 80 year old man instead of twenty-two? Yeah, twenty-two. I still can't believe I was in a coma for four years, that's fucking crazy, somethin' you read about in a story, not real life. I'm glad I pulled through though, there's a lot of shit that I didn't wanna lose out on and now I'm thankful for this life that I almost lost. It's strange as fuck getting adjusted to a new world, new music, new technology, new attitudes. These last few days have me thinkin' a lot about the person I was and who I became and it wasn't a good look. I've decided to take myself out of the game, that wasn't the life for me and I was putting the people I love through unnecessary stress.  Before I got shot, I was a smart-ass idiot, I had a smart-ass attitude and I didn't give a fuck. I gave up a good girl to fuck around and be with a stupid ass hoe, I thought I was living the life that everyone wanted but I was wrong. I thought Tatiana would be my ride-or-die chick but she ain't even visited me once in the hospital. I returned back to my house and a whole lotta my spare money was gone and I could bet 99.999 percent that she was the one who took it. In that coma, sometimes I'd be unconcious and sometimes I'd actually be able to hear people speak to me. I don't know exactly when they came and saw me, but I remember what was said.

(October 2009)

Reina: "Damien... I miss you so much. Please wake up for me. I just want you to be here for me and the baby, I don't know why you don't believe that it's yours but it is and deep down I think you know it is too, I just need you right now, please baby wake up."

(November 2009) 

Damien's mother, Gloria: "Baby, it's been almost two months since you've been in this coma and I miss yo' annoying little ass. This is nothing a mother should go through and I don't know how I've lasted this long. I've been praying four times a day just for the Lord to make sure you're doing well and you'll eventually come back to us. Reina came by yesterday and she's her stomach is starting to show. I can't believe I'm gunna be a grandmother... I can't believe you didn't tell me that she's pregnant, you might've been scared to tell me but I would've been happy, any child is a blessing, especially now when my child's life hangs in the balance..."

Ma didn't know that I broke it off with Reina and I guess when Reina finally did stop showing up at the hospital, she didn't give my mother the real reason why.

(February 2010)

Reina: "Happy Valentine's Day Damien. If you were awake, I don't know if you'd be mine but I'm just glad to be here with you. The doctor said that you're vitals are all good and everything, they think you're gunna pull through, they just don't know when you're going to get up..."  She paused and started to weep, "Why can't you just wake up Damien? I can't believe this is what it's come to. I never ever wanted you to get caught up in this dealing shit and now here you are. What if you don't make it? How am I going to raise this child by myself? What am I going to do if she asks who her father is or where he is? Why couldn't you just make this easy on all of us..?"

(April 2010)

Kidd: "Damn man, you know Tatiana tried to fight Reina in school today? That bitch is mad dumb, she knows damn well that Reina's pregnant, well everyone knows Reina's pregnant. She looks like she about to burst any day now, I've been talkin' to her, trying to comfort her since you ain't around and she's not doin' too well man. She's tryna keep it together but she's faliing apart man, you really fucked with her head. Sometimes I regret tellin' you to come deal with us 'cause things would be different. I mean you wouldn't be in this fucked up situation and ya'll would still be together, I know ya'll would. I don't know what made your hard-headed ass go to Tatiana but that was a mistake, you know she back to her hoe-ass ways suckin' off niggas for a buck, ain't that a shame?" He laughed and continued, "But damn man, yo' ass needs to wake up, we need you outchea, everyone misses you."