♔ 5

Reina | Friday September 20th 2013 | 10:42 PM

Morgan stomped into my room one more time before asking, "Are you ready yet?"

"Un momento Morgs." I touched up my liquid eyeliner then capped it and threw it on my vanity. "How do I look?"

"Zamn girl, if I was into the cat, you'd be first on my list." She said in her finest hood chick accent.

I giggled, "No but seriously Morgan, do I look okay?" I looked into my full-length mirror and checked over my black crop top, floral harem pants and black wedge booties. My hair was pulled up into a tight ponytail and I had minimal makeup on, excluding the sexy ass cat eyes I had going on.

"Morgan groaned, "Yes Rei, you look bad as usual, I don't even know why you're asking."

"Aww thank you boo, you look good too."

"Well duh, that's a known fact." Morgan twirled around showing off her cheetah print crop top, leather leggings and brown Jeffrey Campbell's.

I sucked my teeth, "Alright, you're doing the most now."

"Whatever, at least I've been ready, Chy called me asking where we were and I told her your slow ass is the reason we're not there."

"Yeah okay Morgan." I rolled my eyes as I slipped two hundred dollars in my bra and grabbed my phone, "Y'all know beauty takes time."

"Yeah well those signals from your brain telling you we have to go must be taking their sweet ass time getting to your feet because you're still not moving!"

"Calm down, I'm ready. Did you call the cab yet?"

"Mhm, it's on its way." She said as we made our way to my living room and I shut off all the lights. We decided not to drive to Cheyenne's house because we knew we were gunna get turnt up and faded so we weren't tryna risk our lives. We exited my place just as the cab pulled up and we got in. Once we started heading off in the direction of Chy's place, I started getting this fluttery feeling in my stomach. I guess my body was tryna tell me I was nervous.

Morgan must've read my thoughts because she asked, "So if you see Damien what are you gunna do?"

"Honestly, I don't know, I guess I'll just go with the flow."

"You should just find a cute ass guy to vibe with the whole night, you know they're always showing up at Chy's parties."

"Is that what you're gunna do? Or are you gunna be attached to Kidd's lap all night?"

She sucked her teeth, "Girl please, ain't nobody in this car worried about Kidd. I'm tired of his sorry ass always talking about he 'wants me' but ain't 'gon do nothing about it. Like this has been going on since high school and I'm sick of that bullshit. So no, I will be on the dancefloor all night, acting like I am the Miley Cyrus of NYC."

"Girl, bye. You nor Miley Cyrus have ass so you know you ain't have nothing to twerk."

"Aye shutup, I was walking down the street and this guy told me I got the Lil' Debbie Cakes." This girl started tryna twerk in the cab which had me dying, "Morgan, sit your white girl, no-ass-having, self down."

"Don't hate the playa Reina."

"I'm definitely not." I shook my head and smiled as the cab pulled up to Chyenne's front door and came to a halt. Morgan pulled out a twenty and handed it to the cabby, telling him to keep the change and we headed out the cab.

As soon as we headed inside, the smell of cannabis infiltrated our bodies through our noses. "Damn." We said in unison. Morgan and I pushed our way into the backroom where our crew usually was and as expected, they were there just chatting it up. "Hey guys." I spoke up and they turned their heads towards us. "Wassup Rei?" They all said as I gave them hugs. "Mor, what chu doin all the way over there? Gimme love girl." Wendell said and Morgan giggled while giving all the guys hugs except for Kidd.