♔ 25

Reina

Turns out I broke my wrist. It didn't even hurt that much. The worst part about it is this cast; It's so bulky and awkward and now I have to start writing with my left hand instead of my right, which is no fun. And to top it all off, this court date which was set for March somehow magically got pushed up to next week which is just spectacular. I heard from Chy that Damien got some next type lawyer but I don't even care, I really have nothing to hide so I just decided to be my own lawyer and defend myself.

While I was at the doctor, he said that I have chronic stress which is why I've been so emotional, can't eat anything and can't sleep. This is probably the worst I have felt in a long time and no matter how many times my friends, parents or Rafael have tried to cheer me up, it hasn't really worked. The only thing that really makes me happy is my daughter but it just pains me to know that there's a chance that she could be taken away from me, a slim chance, but it's still the there.

Rafael entered my bedroom and sat down besides me on the bed. "Where's babygirl?"

"She just knocked out in her bed."

"Oh iight. Well, I wanted to talk to you about something."

"What is it?"

He pulled me into his lap and kissed my cheek. "You can't come with me to Japan."

"What? Why not?" I still hadn't made up my mind but I still wanted to know why.

"I was being selfish and I just wanted you with me but I can't be like that." He paused and interlocked his right hand with my left hand and gently held my right hand. "Your life is here, you have a life to live here and I can't take you away from all of this. Even with all this crazy shit with Damien I know you really don't wanna leave. Your business is here and so is your family and friends and I can't take you or Gabby away from all of that."

"But I don't have a business here anymore. I don't have the money at all." It broke my heart every time I spoke or thought about him leaving because either way, he was going to go and there was no way for me to stop him.

"I know, which is why I wanted to give this to you." He handed me a check for five hundred thousand dollars. "I know you ain't gunna wanna take it but it's a gift from me to you, forreal. You've been strong for so long baby and have helped so many people that I think it's only right that you get the help you need too."

"Rafael..." I sniffled.

He kissed my forehead, "Don't start crying now."

"I can't help it, this is so sweet of you... Thank you, thank you so much." I pressed my lips to his. "I love you so much."

"I love you too ma."

I tilted my head up and looked in his eyes, "What does this mean for us though?"

"Whatchu mean?"

"You're going to be gone for a long time Rafael."

"I know but we can do this... we can do long distance."

I shook my head, "That's near impossible. I know this sounds really clingy but I need you here with me. You're my rock and it's just not the same if you're not physically here."

"Then... we just leave on good terms."

But it's not good terms if you're leaving me, I thought.

"I know." Well I guess I didn't day that in my head. "But I'll be back in six months baby, it won't be that long. And if you're single or whatever, then we can just pick up where we left off."

"Of course I'll be single."

He shook his head, "Iuno about that, you're a perfect girl and someone else is gunna find you and realize that."

"I don't care Rafael, I've only been in two relationships my whole life and you're the better of the two. If you don't get caught up with some exotic Japanese girl, when you come back to the States, you know where to find me."

"Shit, I got all I need right here." He squeezed my ass, making me laugh. "Don't worry about me Rei."

***

short and sweeeeett
I swear you guys are crazy, so sus of Rafael. When I say he's a good guy, trust, he's a good guy.

Anyways, since there's not that much to comment about in this little chapter, just comment on what you like / dislike about this story (I swear I won't chop your head off) you can also comment about the chapter if you wanna.

Thanks for reading guys ♥ 