♔ 23

Reina

I was emailing local salons about temporary employment positions for my workers when I felt something tug at my sheets. I looked down and Gabriella was reaching up to me with her tiny arms. I set my laptop aside then picked up my daughter and sat her next to me on the bed.

"Mommy are you sad?"

"Sad about what?"

"The salon going away."

"A little bit but it's okay. We're going to build a bigger and better one that will never go away. How does that sound?"

"Very good, I don't want you to be sad any more."

"I don't want to either but I'm not that upset. I'm just happy that no one else was hurt and that's what matters right babygirl?"

"Mhmmmm."

"Did you have fun at Daddy's though?"

"Yes I had so much fun. We played dollies all night and we ate so much food and he painted my nails and I did his makeup. I made him pretty."

I laughed, Gabby is the only person in the world that Damien would let put makeup on his face. "I'm glad you had fun babygirl."

"Me too, but I missed you. Now you owe me four tacos because you weren't here for two taco Tuesdays."

"I'll make them for you tomorrow okay?"

"Yay! I'm so excited now." She grinned and hugged me. I love talking to my daughter and spending time with her. I swear if I couldn't just escape from it all and just go away, me and her, I would. She's so beautiful and so intelligent for a four year old, I swear She's going to become some neuroscientist or some next type shit. I really hope she gets everything she wants in life and I hope that I can provide all the time for her. I don't care if I end up disappointing every person in this world, this little girl is my life and if I can only make her happy, then that's all that matters.

After she fell asleep, I put her in some pajamas and tucked her into my bed, she can sleep with Mommy for the night.

I went around the whole house and did a little cleaning since I had nothing better to do. Right when I was about to turn off the final light in the living room, my doorbell rang. I went to the front door and opened it to reveal my boyfriend.

"Hey." I said blandly.

"Hi... How are you?"

"I'm fine."

"Can I come in?"

"I don't know Rafael, I was just about time go to bed..."

"Rei, don't be like that. Please let me in." He looked at me with with pleading eyes and I couldn't hold up my wall of resistance. I let him in and we ended up in the kitchen.

"I uh, got Gabby some things." He handed me a bag full of random toys, little clothes and other stuff; I assumed that Gabby would love it.

"Thanks, she'll really like that."

"It's no problem. I got you this though." He held out a medium sized square jewelry box. I opened it and inside was a black and gold Pandora bracelet. It was beautiful. "Wow... you didn't have to get me this."

"Yeah I did." He took the box from me and placed the bracelet around my wrist. "I'm sorry about how I acted back in Miami, baby. I uh, I should have come back with you because the salon was real important to you but I didn't even care at the moment. I was just caught you in my own shit when I should've been thinking about you."

"It just seemed like you didn't care at all that's what bothered me more than anything."

"Baby you know I care though. Anything you care about, I care about. I just had a weak moment."