♔ 3

Reina | Thursday September 19th, 2013 |8:26 PM

"Thank you so much for watching Gabby for me Morgan."

"It's no problem girl, you know I don't mind at all." She smiled at me. Morgan was my white girl for life, we've been friends since middle school and have been close ever since. Even though she was white, she didn't act like it at all. People all the time mistake her for being a real light skinned spanish girl because she acts just like she grew up in the hood. She's a real sneakerhead and her style is undescribable but she'll still put on a dress once in a while and pull off the girly look.

Morgan and Chyenne are really the only two girls I'm close with because of all the crazy shit I went through my senior year. Chyenne befriended me once me and Damien started seeing each other and she instantly clicked with Morgan. I used to have a lot more girl friends but once everyone began to notice I'm pregnant and rumors about how I was fucking around with several guys, they started acting funny and turned on me. That's how I, the most befriended person in school, dropped so far down on the social ladder. Chy and Morgan became my support system for the last four years in addition to Damien and I's parents. Whenever I needed someone to watch Gabby, someone would gladly take her. When I went to cosmetology school there was always someone looking after my baby girl, which I appreciated. Without them, I probably wouldn't be living the pretty great life that I'm living today.

"So, I heard about Damien." She handed me a glass of lemonade and I sipped on it while sitting down on her couch.

"Oh did you?" I didn't really want to talk about this.

"Yeah, have you seen him?"

I shook my head, "Nope."

"Rei, I don't think you should avoid him."

"I'm not avoiding him Morgan."

"Oh really? Is that why Chyenne told me that she hasn't seen Gabby in the last week?"

"Yes really. I've been busy so I've just been taking her with me, no big deal." Half true.

"Forreal?"

"Yes Morgs."

"Well alright," She looked like she didn't believe me."So are you gunna go to Chy's party on Saturday?"

"Yeah."

Her eyes popped out of her head. "Seriously?"

"Yeah, why are you so surprised?"

"I mean you know it's a party for him."

"Yeah I know but you know there's gunna be an assload of people there so I'm probably not even gunna see him and my parents have been begging me to bring Gabby over to their house for a weekend so now's the perfect time."

"What are you gunna say to him, I mean, if you see him?"

"I don't know... I mean I'm not gunna act stank or anything, I'm over what happened between us, it's been four years."

"Yeah but what if he asks about Gabby?"

"I doubt that he will, he most likely wont care and it's a party, that would be the last thing on his mind."

"I guess, but you know you're gunna have to show out right?" 

I giggled, "Why?"

"You gotta show him what he gave up, what he's missing out on."

"I ain't tryna impress nobody."

"I know girl but so much has changed over the years, you gotta show him that you did too." She was right. Since eighteen, my little A cups have blossomed into plump C's, after slaving in the gym for what felt like forever, my ass firmed up and rounded out and the hair that I kept trim at a shoulder blade length will now and forever be down my back.

"Alright, I'll show out, just a little though."

"Yes! And I will too, I'm tryna meet someone girl."

"Bitch who?!" I laughed, "You know you ain't even gunna be talking to anyone else, you're gunna be all up on Kidd's ass." After Damien's shooting his friends, Kidd, Wesley, Leo and Randall actually got closer to Morgan, Chyenne and I. We hung out with each other often and Gabby addressed them all as aunts and uncles since I was an only child and they were the closest thing I had to siblings. Kidd and Morgan had a strong ass flirtationship going on and Leo and Chyenne have been together for a good two years now.

"Kidd's a fine ass mothafucka but I gotta keep my options open."

"Yeah, okay, whatever you say boo but lemme go and take my child home because she has to be at her pre-school early tomorrow."

"Oh forreal, for what?"

"The little ones are going to the zoo tomorrow."

"Aww that's cute."

"I know right? I hope she likes it, she was complaining talking about, 'Mommy I don't wanna go! The animals are gunna smell like booty.'"

Morgan cracked up, "Oh my God, she's too much."

"I know and she's only four, Jesus Christ." I shook my head and went into Morgan's room where my little angel was all sprawled out on the bed, sleeping. I picked her up and grabbed her school bag then headed back into the living room where Morgan was still standing. "Thank you so much again Morgan."

"No problem mamas, I'll call you tomorrow or I'll stop by the shop, I'm thinking about getting it washed and blown out before the party, okay?"

"Sure, you can come whenever, I'll talk to you later."

"Okay, bye!" We said our goodbyes then I exited her house and headed straight to my car. I buckled mamasita into her carseat then pulled off en route to Brooklyn, where I resided. The life of a young mother is constantly in motion but I wouldn't change a thing about it.

$$$

If any of ya'll recognize Morgan it's 'cause she's from that TV show Washington Heights ♥ OML I love that show, I hope it comes back for season two ♥