♔ 6

Reina | September 21st, 2013 | 2:32 PM

We had a short summer this year so in September, the fall weather was already in full force. I dressed myself in a cream-colored blouse, brown leather cropped jacket, a pair of black Levi's and brown riding boots before I headed out the door. Damien texted me earlier and we decided to meet up at Applebees to just talk. As I entered the restaurant I spotted him at a table so I just walked over and sat down.

"Hey Rei." He said in his newly deep voice.

"Hey." I flashed him a quick smile then gave my drink order to the waitress.

"How you feelin'?" He asked me.

"I'm good, better than yesterday I guess." I don't even know why I threw up like that when I saw him... Let me stop lying, He caught me off guard and all those leftover emotions came rushing back. That in addition to the alcohol just sent me over the edge.

"That's good."

"Mhm... but can I ask you something?"

"Yeah go ahead."

"Sorry if you've been asked this a bajillion times but what is it like, you know, being in a coma?"

"Real talk it feels like nothing. Most of the time I wasn't even conscious so I guess it was like I was just sleeping for a long ass time."

"Most of the time?"

"Yeah. Sometimes I'd be up and I can hear people talking and shit but it was like there was some type of restraint on me... I could move or respond or nothing."

"Damn that's crazy... You ever heard me?"

"Yeah, that's what I remember most 'cause I guess you visited me a lot."

"Yeah I definitely did, I was up in that hospital every damn day."

He briefly smiled then asked, "Why'd you stop?"

"Honestly... I just came to some type of realization. Before you got shot, it seemed like you had moved on and so had everyone else. I mean of course they were still upset that you were in the condition you were in but they were still living their lives, and I wasn't. You really were my everything man and I didn't want to let you go but then all of a sudden all these females came out of nowhere talking about you were fucking them while we were together and that's what set me off. I thought what we had was special and sacred but I realized in your eyes it wasn't. So I just forced myself to move on."

"Damn Rei, I'm sorry about all of that."

"It's fine... what's in the past is in the past Damien."

"Are we?"

"What?"

"Look, I know it's been four years but I still love you. My feelings for you haven't gone away. You think we still have a chance?"

"Honestly no. I mean you say you still have feelings for me but I'm not sure if you ever did really love me if you went around and did that shit with all them hoes."

"I know I fucked up in the past but we can just start over, fresh."

I shook my head, "That's impossible. I like holding onto the good memories we had and we can't just 'start fresh' because we have Gabby. And even if we did get back together, I would have a real hard time trusting you. It's just better if we just concentrate on being friends."

"Aight, I'll do that... for now."

I laughed, "Your ass has always been stubborn."

"Some things never change Reina."