♔ 4

Damien| Friday September 20th, 2013 | 2:05 PM

I had just returned to my parent's house from being out with my realtor. Although I've only been awake for twelve days, I felt that my parents needed to have their house free of their children after raising them for 18+ years. My ma was practically begging me to stay but I'm a man and I needed to be on my own.

I walked into the kitchen to find Chyenne, texting on her phone and eating a bowl of cereal. "Yo, can you pour me a bowl?

Set set her phone down on the counter and looked at me, "YOU can pour YOURSELF a bowl since you got two working hands." She smiled at me as I rolled my eyes. Since the day I woke up, she ain't do nothin' for me, actin' like I been here the whole time.

"You ain't gon' help out your big bro?" I walked over to her and mushed her head and she sighed, "Fine." She waltzed over to the pantry so I grabbed her phone up and started messing around with it, touching all of the buttons. I remember when the first iPhone came out, it's crazy how much shit has changed in four years. I pressed a button on the side and her phone screen lit up, showing a picture of Chyenne and a cute ass little girl making kissy faces. "Yo Chy, who's this?" I held the phone up in her direction as she looked at it, "Oh, that's Gabby."

"Gabby, who's that?"

"My neice."

I scrunched up my face, "Your neice? That don't make no sen-" I cut myself off, finally realizing what she meant, "Oh, that's her, huh?"

"Yeah, that's your daughter."

"Damn..."

"Don't say anything stupid D."

"I'm not, she looks like me."

"I know she does, everyone knows that... I don't know what was going through your head, Gabriella is definitely yours."

"I know... I know, when can I see her?"

"I don't know, you should ask Reina."

"I don't have her number, you 'gon give it to me?"

She bit her lip, "I dunno if she wants me to, you should just ask her tonight."

"Tonight? She's comin' tonight?"

"She told me she was."

"Damn, is she still the same?"

Chy started laughing, "What do you mean?"

"Like do she look the same?"

"OH, no."

"You got a pic? Lemme take a look." I tried to open up her phone but she snatched it away from me.

"Get cho greasy paws off my phone and stop being so nosy! You'll see her tonight man."

"Damn... All this hype is makin' a nigga a little nervous."

"You should be."

"Why?"

"Not only has Reina changed physically, her attitude has changed. After you pranced all over her ass, she stopped being that soft litte Reina that you knew and loved. She's more bold now I guess. I'd say she's either gunna curse you the fuck out or she won't give you the time of day. So if you do try and get in her view, be prepared."

"Damn, I did her that bad?"

"Yeah, you did."

It got awkwardly silent for a moment so I asked her something else, "How often do you see her?"

"Who Reina?"

"Nah, the little one."

"Oh Gabby, I see her all the time. She's so adorable man, she acts just like her momma, all sassy and shit."

"She ever ask about me? Her father?"

"Not that much recently... She used to ask about you a lot when Reina used to visit you everyday back in the day like why were you in the hospital and how come you never talk but ever since Reina dipped out on your ass she stopped asking less and less."

"What made her leave me? I mean, I know we were broken up but why'd she stop visiting?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"Honestly, you know Reina was always a little naive, oblivious to shit. I think after two and a half years, she finally saw the fucked up situation you put her in. She probably lost hope in you waking up and she probably realized that even if you did wake up, you'd probably still act like an ass to her. She told me that she had to get rid of all the feelings she had for a guy who denied their child and who was playing her."

"Damn, I didn't know she was feeling like that."

"Forreal? Honestly Damien, before you got shot, you were the number one asshole around here. You didn't give two fucks about nobody but yourself. I was getting sick of it, Ma and Daddy were tired of it and so was everyone else. The only one who willingly tolerated it was her and you had to go and fuck that up. I don't think you understand how many lives you affected. Reina had to basically raise Gabby all by herself, Gabby has no real connection with her father and as of now, you have no one, no companion, no one to run to, no ROD. Reina was all of that and more to you and you just had to fuck it up."

"Damn Chy, don't you think I know that? Don't you think I know I fucked up bad? If I could take back all the fucked up decisions I made, I would in a fucking heartbeat but I can't. And what YOU can't do is keep punishing me for the shit  I did when I was eightteen. That was four fucking years ago and everyone has seemingly moved on, including Reina."

"No, not everyone has moved on. Look at your ass! I know you're still caught up on her which is all cute and whatever but it's too damn late, it's not like four days or weeks or even months passed-- it's been years. You can't take that time back and since you can't have Reina, you should just forget about her in that sense."

"Who says I can't have her?"

"Nigga everyone! We all saw how you did her dirty and you'd be a fool to think she'd actually want you back."

"That ain't true, I know she still got love for me."

"That might be true but she's moved on."

"Nah... she ain't been with no other dudes."

"True, she ain't been with other dudes but she's BEEN with other dudes. A woman has needs honey boo boo and trust me, I know she got them taken care of plenty of times."

"Why the fuck are you tellin' me all of this? You're my sister... You're supposed to be supporting and motivating me to get her ass back."

"Damien, you know I love you but this is the real world and you need to be exposed to the harsh realitites of the situation. You did wrong, she realized how you fucked her over and she's moved on. If anything, if you were to be a part of her life down the line, it'd just be as Gabby's father and nothing else."

"Yeah okay, whatever Chyenne. You think I could meet my child though?"

"When?"

"Now."

She shrugged, "I don't know, let me ask if Reina's doing something first." She opened her phone and started texting away. We waited a minute for a response and when we got one, she read it outloud, "She said, Sorry boo but Gabby's over at my parents' house. Maybe next week though, she's been dying to see her auntie Chy again."

"Oh." I looked down at the floor.

Chy patted my back and said, "Don't look so upset bro, you'll meet her soon."

"I hope so."

***

How do ya'll think Reina should act when she sees Damien again? Angry? Calm? Lemme know in the comments below (: Fan, Comment & Vote. Thank You ♥♥ & What do ya'll think of the new cover? :D

Chyenne in the MM