♔ 24

Reina

"Baby..." Rafi came up behind me and kissed my cheek. We've been getting along better since he broke the devastating news to me. We just decided not to address the situation until I finally come up with by decision which I still have not determined yet.

"Thank you for letting me invite my niggas over here tonight."

"It's no problem papi," I kissed his nose, "I like your friends, they're funny as hell. I think they'll get along with my people."

"Yeah they just better stop hitting on you, that shit ain't funny."

"Aww, you're jealous? That's cute."

"Of course ma. You're mine until the end." He kissed my lips and I smiled; I truly loved him. "We got time for..?"

"No." I shook my head. "Don't even think about it, we have like twenty minutes until they get here."

"You sure? 'Cause I mean I can lay it down right and quick." He moved my freshly straightened hair to one side and kissed my neck.

"No, you stubborn ass." I moved out of his vision and into my room where I changed into a black NWTS t-shirt, navy blue Pink sweatpants and some black ankle socks.

I heard the a knock on the door so I exited my room and traveled to it. They're here a little early.  I opened the door and it wasn't who I expected... at all.

"Hi can I help you?" I said to the stranger.

"Reina White?" He asked.

"Yeah, that's me."

He nodded then pulled a long manilla envelope out of his bag and handed it to me. "You've been served."

"What?" I looked up from the envelope to question him but he was gone. I shrugged and went back inside.

"Who was that baby?" Rafael questioned from the kitchen. I went to where he was and shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know, he just gave me this then left."

"Open it."

I unclasped the envelope then slid the thick packet of paper out of it. On the front page it read:

State of New York Civil Suit

Plaintiff:
Damien J. King

vs.

Defendant:
Reina F. White

Matter:
Full custody of minor Gabriella Isobel King

"WHAT?!" I didn't even realize I was screaming until Rafael took the paper from my hands and read it. "What the hell?"

"This is a joke, right?" I started pacing around the kitchen. "I'm going to fucking kill him... Oh my God."

"Baby calm down."

"NO RAFAEL don't tell me to fucking calm down. He's crossed the line this time and I won't let him." I grabbed the papers from him and went into my room, slamming my door closed. I picked up my phone and called the only person who could give me some logical advice at the moment.

"Hey love."

"Mommy..."

"What's wrong boo?"

"I... I'm seriously about to lose it."

"What happened?"

"Damien is suing for full custody of Gabby."

"What?! Why?"