♔ 28

Rafael

"Don't do this to me." I looked at Reina before slightly chuckling.

"Do what?"

"Don't start getting all emotional and shit because I might too this time."

The day had finally come, in about four hours I was going to be on a flight heading to my new job in Tokyo. We've decided to not really talk about me leaving until it was happening but iunno if that was a good idea 'cause Reina looks like she's ready to break down and I'm feeling the same way too.

She slightly smiled before biting her lip and letting some tears fall down her face. "Damn, I can't believe this is it. You're actually leaving. I kept hoping that like this was some long ass dream and I'd wake up and it would be the day after I met you and I'd have something to look forward to but no, this is really it."

I brought her into a tight hug and kissed her cheek. "Whether or not this was a dream, me and you and something unforgettable Rei. I didn't think that I'd meet someone like you so fast after my last relationship but meeting you was a blessing, forreal."

She tilted her head up and looked into my eyes, "I feel the same way. I feel like any other guy would have ran away with all the drama I had but not you and I really thank you for that because I think I would've gone crazy... well crazier than I have without you. I love you so much. I never thought I would say that again to anyone else but it's like a natural reflex when I see you. You make me so damn happy, it's ridiculous." This female was definitely reading my mind because I was just about to say the same shit.

"That's not ridiculous baby, that should be an everyday feeling. When I'm in Japan, I don't want you to be unhappy at all. I know were basically on pause indefinitely but you can't be sad over this, you got so much other shit to live for. You got your cute ass daughter, yo' friends and yo' parents."

"And Dyogi." She grinned.

I laughed. "And Dyogi." Last weekend when Gabriella was with Reina, she met the puppy I got Rei and named it Dyogi. She wanted it to sound exactly like dog was spelled so DOG turned into Dyogi. "So you got nun to be upset about and you can still Facetime, text or call me whenever you want ma."

"Okay." More tears poured down her face and I knew she was trying to hold them back but her emotions weren't allowing her to.

An electric blue Ford pulled up to the front of her place and I knew it was my boy Frank coming to pick me up. Rei offered to take me to the airport but I think it would've been worse if we said goodbye there and it would've been hella late when she returned home and I didn't want her to run into any crazy ass crackheads or nothing like that.

"That's him?" She asked and I nodded. "Yeah, right on time."

"Damn... alright. Lemme help you with your bags." She picked up my small ass carry-on bag and started walking to the car, leaving me with all the heavy shit. I shook my head, laughing, and picked up all my bags and brought them to the car.

"Sorry, you know I'm weak." She giggled.

"And a trip."

"Hey!" She slapped my arm as I loaded my bags in the trunk.

"You know I'm playing Reina." I smiled at her and she returned the gesture but after a few seconds, it diminished.

"I know..." She cleared her throat and handed my carry-on to me. "Here, don't forget this."

"Thank you baby."

"Mhm."

"Can I tell you something?"