♔ 19

Tatiana | November 10th, 2013 | 7:19 PM

"Babygirl, hold my hand when we cross the street." Damien said to Gabby as we approached the sidewalk.

"No daddy, I wanna hold Tatiana's!" Gabriella shouted as she grabbed onto my hand and we walked along the crosswalk. I had to admit, I adored this little girl and I could tell she finally liked me too. At first, she was really hesitant to me and didn't talk at all but after a few weeks, she was clinging onto me like I was her best friend. I don't know if she ever spoke to Reina about me and frankly, I couldn't give two fucks. Everything was finally falling into place: Damien and I are really connecting, I got a raise at my job, I'm no longer a carrier and, I'm about to enroll in a local community college to begin my college education since I ran away from here before I even got a chance to have one.

"Aight, you ain't gotta yell babygirl." Damien picked up his daughter and held onto her tight and fake-pouted.

"I'm sorry daddy." She kissed his forehead and he smiled. It was so cute, he loved her more than anything else in this world. I hope someday he feels that way if we have a kid... but let me stop, that's going to be way, waaay in the future.

"Where do you wanna go to eat bae?" Damien said to me.

I shrugged, "Anywhere's cool."

"Nah forreal, where do you wanna go? I wanna take you to your favorite spot."

"Why?" I giggled.

"'Cause you deserve to be treated like a queen. I know I've been slacking in this relationship but I want you to know that I really care about you."

I grinned, "That's so sweet. But forreal... I don't care where we go, anywhere with you is fine."

"And me too right Tati?" Gabby shouted.

"Yes Gabby, especially you."

We ended up going to this little soul food spot where I had some banging fried chicken, collard greens and corn bread along with a dessert of sweet potato pie. After the three of us wobbled home together I was ready for us to all get into be and go to sleep but Damien shook his head, no.

"I gotta take Gab back to my parent's house."

"Why?" I frowned, laying back on the comfy ass bed.

"Bae, I know you remember that Reina said all of my visits with Gabby have to be supervised. And even though it was just the three of us today, she would flip the fuck out if she knew that no one else was with us."

"Damien... that's so stupid forreal, we're both adults that care for Gabby and we're watching her."

"I know but Reina still don't trust me and I don't blame her."

"Well you should. Yes you had a gun but you'd never do anything to hurt Gabriella, Reina needs to get that through her thick skull. I mean don't you hate having to sneak around with YOUR CHILD just because Reina is feeling some typa way?"

"You know I do Tati, but the fuck am I supposed to do?" He paced across the room.

"Take her to court." Step one of my "Reina needs to go" plan.

"What?"

"Sue for full custody of Gabriella. Reina has had her for four years and now she's being selfish, restricting when you can see your own baby. You know she's stubborn as hell and she's not going to lighten up so this is what you need to do.

"Shit...  Iunno about that T."

"This is the only solution D."

"I'm not tryna cause any more problems between me and her."

"Well right now she's the problem Damien. There's no valid reason why you have to go through all this to spend some time with Gabby. Reina just wants everything for herself. If you get full custody, you won't have to worry about none if this extra shit." I grabbed his arm and pulled him into the bed, next to me and cuddled onto him. "Bae, we can't fall asleep."

"Relax Damien, let's just rest for an hour and then we'll go drop Gabby off, she's sleeping anyways."

"Iight." We shut off the lights and immediately closed our eyes, hoping yo get an hour of sleep in. Sadly that Rwanda cut short because fifteen minutes later, Reina called Damien.

"Yo." He answered the phone, putting it on speaker.

"Where are you guys? I went to Chy's and your parent's house and you aren't there."

"We're at my place."

"Just you and Gabby?"

"Nah, Tatiana's here too."

She heavily sighed, "I thought I told you that someone else had to be with you when you're with Gabby."

"Tatiana is here though."

"You know what I mean Damien."

"Reina, that's being extra for no damn reason, we're not out doing anything dangerous, we're just at my crib."

"Whatever man, I'm coming now to get her so make sure she's ready." She hung up the phone and I turned to look at Damien. He shook his head and said, "I'll think about what you said," then walked into Gabby's room to get her ready.

***
Sorry it's so short guys!