♔ 26

Reina

"Ms. White... Ms. White..."

"Huh?" I snapped out of my imageless daydream and focused my attention on Damien's lawyer who was asking me a question.

"Can you please explain how you injured your right wrist about two weeks ago?" It's been over two hours that we've been in this damn courtroom. I'm just trying to win this case real quick and finally just be able to be at peace and have Gabby at home with me forever.

I looked at my stupid cast and sighed, "Uh yeah. I punched Damien and ended up breaking my wrist."

"And why did you physically assault Mr. King?"

"He was accusing me of being an unfit mother, calling me an unstable person,  saying that I hit my child and all this other untrue stuff."

"Well can you actually blame him for calling you unstable if just after he accused you of being this way, you go and physically assault him?"

"No I can't blame him but—"

"But nothing."

"Can you let me finish please?" I looked at the judge for clearance and he nodded so I continued, "I would never ever do anything like thay to my child. I do get frustrated with her, just like any other parent would but I would never harm her in anyway. On the other hand Damien has just stepped into his father role and has on two accounts physically attacked me for 'getting on his nerves', once at his sister's house where he pushed me down and a second time where he slapped me across the face. He probably won't be able to handle frustration with Gabriella if he acts that way with me."

"Well do you have any proof of this?"

"You can ask his sister who was there or our friends Morgan, Wesley, Leo, Kidd and Randall who also saw what happened the first time. When he slapped me, only him and I were in the room."

They ended up calling Morgan to the stand.

"Ms. Johnson, when did you initially see Ms. White and Mr. King get into a physical altercation."

"Uh..." She chewed on her lip. "It was a little while after he got out of the hospital. Like early October I guess."

"And can you describe what happened?"

"Reina got mad at Damien because he was once again getting involved with Tatiana who is bad news—"

"Why would they be arguing over Miss Lane?"

"Reina doesn't like her... no one does really."

"Can you elaborate on that please?"

"Before Damien got put in the hospital, Tatiana had convinced Damien that Reina was cheating on him and made him believe that Gabriella was not his baby and then after he got shot, Tatiana stole a lot of his money and ran off only to return when he recovered." I internally smiled when Morgz finished her statement, she was telling it like it really is.

"Enough," The judge intervened, "We are not here to put Miss Lane on trial for her previous actions, we are here to settle this matter. Please counselor, get back to your point." I didn't like the vibe I was getting from this judge, he was deferring talking about Tatiana but she's the main reason we're here.

The lawyer nodded and continued, "Please continue with your recall Miss Johnson."

"Okay." Morgan nodded. "After Reina for mad at him, they just started yelling at each other and next thing I know, he just pushes her into the wall."

"Since it seems obvious that Miss White started the dispute, would you regularly classify her as an explosive person?" I was starting to get upset, this guy was making me out to look like some type of monster.