♔ 21

Reina | November 18th, 2013 | 9:17 AM

I was awaken by a ticklish sensation running along my neck. I slightly opened my eyes and saw Rafael hovering over me.

"Good morning baby."

"Good morning." I smiled wide which seemed to make him wince. "What's wrong?"

"Baby I love you but that breath can kill a whole village right now."

"Shut up." I playful pushed him from on top of me and padded into the resort bathroom where my toiletries were. I furiously scrubbed on my teeth, making sure they were white and shiny then returned back into the living room where Rafael was laid out on the couch. I climbed on top of him and gave him a peck on the lips. "Better now?"

"Yeah babe." He wrapped his arms around my waist and pressed my body onto his. "You enjoying yourself?"

"Yeah, I am. Your business partners are really nice but I feel so young compared to everyone else."

"That's 'cause you are."

"Shutup, you're only two years older than me."

"'Bout to be three in a month."

"I know, that's crazy. Do you like having your birthday on Christmas?"

"Nah. I mean, it's iight. It's easy to forget but I don't even mind that much. I just wish my ma was around, she used to go all out for the holidays and especially for my birthday."

"You miss her right?"

"Yeah, more than anything in this world. I would've gave my life so she could have hers. After she died, my dad got so involved with his work, the only person I really had was my brother."

I tilted my head up and kissed him, "I'm so sorry baby."

"It's iight. I wish you could've met her though, she woulda liked you. The way, you are, your morals, all that shit. Especially the way you care for Gabby."

I sighed, "I miss my little pumpkin." Damien basically blew a gasket when I told him that I wanted to bring Gabby in vacation with Rafael and I so I ended up letting her stay at Damien's parent's house until I get back.

"She misses your ass too."

"I don't fucking understand what Damien's problem is. I swear he's just acting like this to get on my nerves. I'm so sick of him Rafi."

"He's just looking out for his daughter... he doin' what he thinks is best."

I glared at my boyfriend, "Why are you always defending him?"

"I'm not defending him I just think that it ain't my place to comment on shit that's going on between you and him."

"Whatever. You're too perfect, why we're you ever single in the first place?"

"My ex that I've been with since high school cheated on me with my cousin who was like my brother. I met you about a month after that because my brother told me about this party where his girl was gunna be. His girl, Lina, is friends with Chyenne and she told her about the party she was throwing for her brother."

"Why would someone cheat on you?  That was a dumb ass move, but I'm happy she did because now you're mine." I pecked his lips once more and couldn't help but smile, I was having a good ass time.

"Ay, you wanna get up and get ready to go out? I can take you to this lil' spot I know about that has some bomb ass food."

I sprung up and cheered. "Fuck yes! Wait... is it in walking distance or are we taking the car because it's raining hard as fuck outside and I don't wanna mess up my hair."