Note 4- The Encounter

Aiden

"I do not like them . Sam I am....the end" I said right before closed the the Dr.Suess book i was reading to my daughter.

"Let's read it again daddy." Sincere took the book away from me and opened it to the beginning .

"We read it three times Cece. Daddy is tired." I rubbed the back of my head and yawned. "I gotta go home."

"Can you take me with you?" She asks with pleading eyes .

"No baby . You gotta stay home ." I climbed out of her small sized bed and turned off her lamp.

"Wait!" She yells dramatically.

"What Sincere?"

"You didn't give me my kiss." she frowned.

"Aw I'm sorry." I walked over to her and planted a kiss on her forehead. "Goodnight, I'll see you tomorrow." I whispered .

"See you daddy."

I smiled and walked out of her room and gently closed the door. Chardae, her mother , approached me.

"You know she's gonna need a new hearing aid soon . The doctor said it wont be long 'til shes completely deaf and that school accepted her but we gotta pay 500 dollars every month to keep her in there." She rants .

"I'll handle it . She can get a cochlear implant."

She chuckled and leaned against the wall . "That cost 100 thousand dollars . We ain't got that type of money."

"Imma handle it." I simply stated. Anything my daughter needs, I'm going to fight to handle it. My daughter went deaf earlier this year, the doctors didn't give us an explanatory reason. But I've been struggling to make sure she's okay.

.. .. ..

"I'm not gone give you a helpful ticket leading you to death boy. If you really want to make some money , there's a lot of places here hiring . If you're in desperate need of it then just ask . There's no issue for providing for family . If you need a job , no problem and plus your mama will kill me if I let you do it."
My uncle Fame said as we talked on the phone .

I rubbed my forehead and looked at the ceiling.

"Man why y'all be acting like that? I cant come all the way to Florida unc and i can't be working no 9 to 5 . I got a little girl to take care of . Her mom want to put her in this uppity school that we gotta pay for and she need surgery that's gonna cost a lot. I ain't gon die doin this . Yall aint die so maybe i got a chance." I huffed .

"A, if you need money just ask. Your mama got about 7 shops . She's rich and I can help you too . How much do you need? Okay goody two shoes?"

"Whatever man, thanks anyway." I hung up and rubbed my head once more.

"Over 100,000 dollars..how imma come up with that on my own?" I said to myself.

.. .. ..

"Just ask him for a loan. He helped a few niggas out . All you gotta do in return is to work it off for a few months . Ya know do his dirty work for him." Taj said as he shot the ball into the basketball hoop, then Marcus grabbed it and dribbled it down the court and back .

"If I was you, I would just start on the corner lil nigga." Marcus suggested .

"But the corner ain't gon' handle the shit that I gotta take care of. Sincere is going deaf . I want my daughter to be able to hear." I stressed .