Chapter 4

BRAD

I ran upstairs after dressing the wound. As I entered the room, I saw that the tray was empty, and Shania was on the bed taking a nap.

I didn't want to wake her so, I took the tray, brought it down and washed the dishes before getting ready for work. I also ensured that I called my physician to look at her, booking a home appointment at twelve.

I ran upstairs to the walk-in closet and changed into a grey suit. The suit was tailored to fit me perfectly and the jacket had black buttons and two hidden pockets at the sides. My hair was combed back and a few strands of brown fell onto my forehead.

I entered the bedroom to find Shania still asleep, not wanting to disturb her I wrote a letter, leaving it on the nightstand and made my way out the room towards the garage.

I entered the garage, walking towards my black Lykan Hyper sport. I started the car, listening to the engine come alive before driving to work.

"Good morning Mr. Homes," my assistant said as I stepped onto my floor.

"Morning Monica, any calls or messages from the board?"

"No messages but, there were a few calls from a Mr. Lionel Kane. He said he had an offer that you couldn't refuse," she replied.

I stopped mid step, mentally cursing. Kane. I had to get this finished and the only way to do that is to hear what he had to say. He came into my life five days ago and look at what I did. He was fucking with me.

"Oh really, get him on the phone," I said making my way to my office.

"Yes sir."

"Oh and Monica?"

"Yes?"

"Send some tulips and roses to the Mrs. for me."

"Will do sir," she replied.

I entered my office. It was the one with a wooden door with a glass window at the top, and a plaque saying 'CEO'.

My office was large with a bookcase to the left and to the right was a study desk, piled high with folders. I had a personal bathroom and on the walls were shelves filled with multiple awards. A few being, 'Most Improved Company', 'Company of the Year' and 'Youngest Achiever'.

The Youngest Achiever, I won last year when I was 23. I was seen as a kid in the industry, destined to mess up but I proved them wrong.

In the centre of the room stood my mahogany desk, with a leather armchair and a view of the city behind it.

I put my briefcase on the table, before sitting in my chair and logging into the computer. I went for the folders and began to evaluate them, typing what needed to be typed and signing what needed to be signed.