Chapter 5

BRAD

"Ah, Mr. Homes you've made it," his tone is condescending as he greets me cheerfully

The man who talked was in a white suit with a red undershirt, black shoes, and a white hat, which hid his grey hair. he was stepping out of a jeep, a cheeky smile on his face.

He had wrinkles on his face that showed he was old but his body... It was built like an ox.

"Kane, what do you want?" I asked tightly.

"Can't I call my son for a chat? Even though he ran away to another country, changed his name and got married without inviting me to the wedding," he said with a fake smile on his face.

"I'm not your son. Why do you care what I do or who I marry?" I asked raising a brow.

"True but, my boy owns a billionaire company. One I have my eyes set on," he grinned sinisterly.

I stood looking at him, not at all shocked by what he said. Of course, he wanted a piece of my business... I wouldn't expect anything less from this manipulative motherfucker.

"No," I state plainly. "It's my business, I started it from the ground up and I am not going to make you destroy all I have worked for."

"We both know that's a lie," he states coolly. "Have you forgotten who raised you, who taught you all that you know and who got you your first kill?"

"Don't give me that bullshit! You let them beat me. That's all you taught me, how to take a beating."

"You ungrateful son of a-"

"I heard you the first time when you said I was your son; you don't have to tell me twice," I gritted out in anger.

"The only bitch I know is the one that you call a mother. The one that opened her legs to any willing man and did everything for money. The one that traded you for drugs!" he stated tightly, red in the face.

In one move, I grabbed him by his shirt, ready to punch him until he was black and blue. Then I heard a gun click at my head. I released him and backed away to see the man that killed my mom.

"Hi, Butch," I said bluntly.

"Daniel," he replied gruffly.

Butch was a thick man with no hair on his head and had a face like a pit bull. We used to call him shine-head but he beat it out of us.

"Daniel, you should know better I never underestimate my opponent. Now back to business, we want to use your company." Kane said straightening his suit.

"No."

"Well, straight to the point then. I can see that you don't care what happens to your wife."