Chapter 25

It has been two weeks since I had that confrontation with Shaniel's good for nothing father.

He has been sending letters to our apartment with money and gifts. I sent back the cash but the gifts that couldn't be returned I gave them away to my neighbours. I wanted nothing from him, he was dead to me. Dead.

He thought he could put me through so much pain then come back expecting me to run into his arms. He was dreaming, and he needed to open his eyes, wake up and smell the coffee.

I sat in my cubicle listening to music, it was a slow day and I was a bit out of it so I didn't mind.

I was in a tank top, ripped blue jeans and my hair was cornrowed in two.

I was kicking back with my earphones in, listening to Beyoncé's Sorry.

"Sorry, I ain't sorry. Sorry, I ain't sorry. I ain't sorry... nah. Sorry, I ain't sorry. Sorry, I ain't sorry. I ain't sorry.

He trying to roll me up (I ain't sorry). I ain't picking up (I ain't sorry). Headed to the club (I ain't sorry). I ain't thinking 'bout you (I ain't sorry).

Me and my ladies sip my d'ussé cups."

I hummed the rest until it reached near the chorus.

"Middle fingers up... Put them hands high... Wave it in his face... Tell him boy bye... Tell him boy bye... Boy bye... Middle fingers up...

I aight thinking bout you. I aight sorry... Sorry (rept). I aight sorry... I aight thinking bout you-"

A tap on my shoulder knocked me back to reality.

It was Lucy but she didn't look as vibrant as she usually does. She was in a grey hoodie and black jeans with black slippers.

"Yes?" I asked, concerned about the droopy look on her face.

"Umm... It's lunchtime. Would you like to go to lunch with me?" she asked.

"Umm... sure sweetie," I said as I grabbed my black Gucci handbag and walked out with her, telling the girls I had to cancel our lunch plans.

We took my car and soon we were at Lennie's diner.

It was a yellow and blue building with large windows and a red sign saying Lennie's.

After I parked the car in their small parking lot, we walked in and took the yellow booth beside the window.

Inside of diner had yellow and blue checker tiles and blue walls. A mahogany counter and yellow booths with blue tables.

A waitress came over to us and gave us a menu after looking at it I ordered a cheese burger with a bottle of water while Lucy ordered a salad and orange juice.

What is it with girls and salads? Damn, feed your body with real food.

I eat a lot and I'm not that fat. I'm slim thick, I have a flat tummy, which I owed to constantly stressing, but thick thighs and broad hips.

I love my size and I wouldn't want to alter it so why starve yourselves just to be a size 2?

"Um... Lucy honey? You sure you don't want something else you look flushed and pale," I said concerned. "You need food."

She looked at me and tears flooded her eyes. I pushed out of the seat opposite to her and went beside her. She grabbed me and started crying on my shoulder. I patted her back and rubbed it, soothingly.