Epilogue

LOCATION: Grand Canyon

TIME: 1700 hrs, while Daniel and Shania were busy.

DAY: Friday.

Shaneil walked along with her classmates, it had been a wonderful day at the Cannon and she had learned a lot.

Her teacher Ms. Lizzy was yapping on about that a beautiful day it was and she how hoped they learned a lot from this trip. Shaneil leaned on the railing staring out at the landforms the red layers of rock and the shimmering river running in centre.

The water captured the orange hues of the evening sun that danced on its surface. The sound of water crashing against the rocks filled Shaneil's ears, the constant pounding that sounded like drums.

The wind howled a melodic tune that corresponded with the drumming of the river. The birds in the sky squawked while the holes in the rocks whistled as their friendly ally the wind, flowed through them.

It was heavenly to Shaneil's ears, the rhythm of the Canyon.

It was said that Arizona's Grand Canyon was a natural formation distinguished by its layered bands of red rock and its size, which was pproximately 10 miles in width, a mile deep and it was really long. The area was a national park. It had beautiful views, and awesome outdoor activities. There was even rafting on the Colorado River.

It was great that the school had financed the trip, the car wash and spa that they did, had helped with most of the finances so all they had to do was to pay $50 each to make up the rest of it.

Suddenly, a cold wind blew against the railing sending shivers down Shaneil's spine.

She hugged her black leather jacket close to her. Shaneil was in a pink t-shirt with "Goku's Bride" written in white on it, a black Denim pants and pink ankle-high boots. She closed her eyes and enjoyed the cool sensation on her face.

The wind flowed through her brown frizzy hair that was in a high ponytail at the top of her head. The brown waterfall that once showered over her shoulders was now flying in all directions.

Suddenly, she felt a tap on her shoulder. She looked up to find Jesse she was in a black jacket, a blue tank-top, a black leather skirt reaching her knees and blue knee-high boots. She was a redhead with brown eyes and piercings on her nose, tongue and ears. She wore too much black makeup and her hair was in a low ponytail.

"Hey kiddo!" she said in a cheery voice. "Teach' said we can go to the gift shop after the class pic. You coming?"

"Yeah but I think I'll skip the pic," Shaneil replied.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, you go," Shaneil assured her.

Jesse nodded as she ran over to her boyfriend Jake. He was a total geek but with an athlete's body. Jesse is an emo girl, she adored those stuff and was the type a girl that didn't give a rat's ass about what people think. Jake was the type of person who tried to please people and get on their good side. He was like the opposite of Jesse but yet they have been together for two years. That proved that opposites do attract.

Shaneil watched as they all grouped up to take a class pic.

She wanted no part of that the kids in her class well, hated her. They treated her like she was some little kid. When they had group assignments they would exclude her from meetings and give her the least important roles. Then any time she tried to talk to them they would say things like 'Didn't your mommy teach you not to butt into grown-ups arguments?'.