PART TWO

INTRODUCTION

I was lying on the bed when I heard it. The sound of gunshots.

I rose from the bed struggling with the added weight due to my baby bump. I was roughly 8 months along. When my feet touched the ground I waddled towards the door only to be stopped when the shackle in my wrist reached its length.

I was standing metres away from the door a hopeful look on my face. Night after night I had prayed to be rescued from this place. I prayed Daniel would find me and it seemed as if it was coming true.

My six months here were not as awful as I had expected them to be. Kane, once he found out about my pregnancy decided it could be the leverage he needed over Daniel so he was providing me with the best medical care but other than that I was locked in this room and fed healthy food prescribed by the doctor.

My cravings weren't tended to and my social, mental and emotional needs were of no importance to them.

Sometimes Kane would visit me and ask about the baby. He was genuinely interested in their wellbeing and that both relieved and scared me. What if he took my child away from me once he or she was born?

Giovanni visited as well, he seemed to have the belief that the baby was his and I was only playing it off as Daniel's to save my ass. Thankfully, Kane had instructed that I would not be touched intimately by anyone until the baby was born so I was safe for 9 months.

Now, tonight on my 228. 125 days here, Daniel had finally come for me.

The sound of battle got louder and I could hear the cries of outrage and the thudding as bodies hit the ground, until it went silent.

Footsteps made their way up towards my door getting louder by the second. My heart was thudding in both fright and joy. On one hand, it could be Kane or Giovanni on the way to tell me Daniel was dead but on the other hand, it could be my Dani-boo coming to save me.

The steps ceased outside my door and the knob was turned but the door didn't budge.

I jumped in shock, releasing a choked gasp as a gunshot went off on the other side of the door and the knob went slack. My breath came out in pants as the door started to open and my eyes following its movement in the bright moonlight.

It felt like my heart stopped beating the second the person came into the light.

"Why the long face?" he asked with a grin. "I thought you'd be happy to see me, princesa."

Standing in front of me in a full back suit was Giovanni Ferrez. He was covered in blood and had cuts and scrapes all over his face. He held his gun in one hand and then the other was holding something over his shoulder.

As if noticing my gaze, he pulled the item from over his shoulder and I gasped, bile rising to my throat.

It was Kane's head.

"He made the wrong play and it cost him his life." Was all he said before throwing the head to my feet and I stepped back quickly in shock, tripping and landing on my butt.

My eyes moved from the head to the cold-blooded male in front of me, my heart racing a mile a minute.

"Now nothing will stand between me, my princesa and our child," he grinned happily stalking towards me and that was when I felt something wet glide between my thighs.

The baby was coming.