Chapter 13

Lia and I made it out of the vents, thankfully.

The route we took led to the flower garden at the back. We crawled across the bed of flowers undetected, the flowers were big enough to hide our bodies, and so was the tall grass. They never took care of it so weeds would grow.

We made it to a marked section of the stonewall behind the flower bed. The alarm rang, lights flashed all around and we could hear footsteps and voices. I crawl over to a hole in the wall that I dug when they had allowed me to walk in the garden and sow seeds.

I pushed the weeds from in front of the hole and slipped through. I motioned for Lia to follow.

"Lia come on," I whispered. She hesitated.

"What will we do if we escape? I can't come with you."

"I will take care of you, please come on."

She thought it over for a while.

"Hurry!" I urged.

She finally agreed and I sighed. This was it; we were going to escape. She began to crawl through the hole and everything was good until... a bullet sliced through the air.

She was shot in her back. I grabbed her and tried to pull her out through the hole but she was too heavy.

"L-leave me n-now," she said pushing my hand away, blood running down her chin.

My eyes filled with tears.

"G-Go Shania, go!" she yelled as she slowly closed her eyes.

She's d-dead. I placed my hand over my mouth and started to sob.

Reluctantly, I left her there covered in blood. I got up and ran towards the tall grass beside the fence hoping it would hide me. I ran until I was away from the house and on the road, my feet swollen and in pain. I cried as I ran.

How could I leave her there? How could I live with myself knowing I let my friend die and all I was trying to do was save her?

As I ran down the road, a car came along and I hitched a ride into town.

After days of sleeping on the streets, a woman saw me and took me in, getting me a job in a salon. I worked there laying low and when I had enough money, I moved to Marietta.

Leaving my past behind me.

...and now I was back where I started.

"How does it feel princesa, just as good as before?" he asked as he thrust into me, hard.

I was in my room, my hands were tied to the bedhead, and I was blindfolded. He was torturing me. He released his anger on me by whipping me and I cried out each time the whip hit me. The pain was excruciating.

"Tell me!" Giovanni demanded as he slammed into me harder.

"Y-yes," I said as pain surged through me.

He increased his speed going faster in and out, in and out. My body was under severe pain, I screamed as he thrust in me and it just made him go faster and harder. My body started to tighten, I couldn't control it. He was too intense.

I came in an explosive orgasm. I laid there motionless, I was burned out, but he wasn't. He continued to thrust into me. I started drifting off, my body was shutting down, and then I blacked out.

A few minutes later, I awoke to an empty bed.

My wrists were freed and my body was in intense pain. I struggled to get up from the bed and over to the shower. I stepped into the shower and started to cry.

My life was no longer mine. I was now his, I couldn't leave this room or this house. That meant I was cut off from the world and most of all I will never see Daniel again.

I stood there for a while thinking before changing into a blue silk dress and started to walk back to my bed. The pain in my legs subsided and I felt a bit better. As I reached the bed, I heard footsteps followed by bullets.

My heart was beating rapidly, my hands became sweaty, and I stood frozen at the bedside. Were the enemy gangs coming for revenge or a raid?

It wouldn't be the first they came here and the last time I barely made it through their raid, I had to hide in the closet that had a hidden door to the attic.

I heard doors being kicked off and I started panicking. I needed to hide but my body was not allowing me to move as fast.

I ran over to the closet and just as I did, the footsteps came to my door. I jumped in the closet as the door was kicked off and I stayed there hugging my knees. I could hear them walking around in the room, pushing the bathroom door open and I heard the squeaks as they kneeled to check under my bed.

I stayed in the closet not making a sound, the footsteps started to leave the room and then it went quiet. I released the breath I was holding and started to get up.

Just as I did, the closet doors flew open. Without thinking I jumped on the man in front of me, we fell onto the floor and I started to punch him. I closed my eyes and attacked him. He grabbed my hands and rolled over onto me. I screamed and kicked. I wasn't going to be tortured by them for information on Giovanni. I wasn't!

"Shania, stop!" The man screamed; I stopped instantly.

"Daniel?" I croaked.

He took off his black ski mask and smiled at me, my heart filling with joy. He was here to save me. Tears started to fill my eyes; they streamed down my face and he placed his hand on my cheek wiping away the tears.

"Don't cry baby, I'm here," he said as he kissed me on my lips.

His lips ignited flames in my body, I missed his kisses, and I missed him, every part of him.

We started to get lost in the kiss, our lips moved in unison and he kissed me hungrily. He released my hands and I ran my hand over his head pushing the mask off and raked my hand through his hair. He used his hand and stroked my jaw.

Someone at the door cleared their throat and we broke away to look at him. Daniel rolled off me and helped me up, bringing me towards the man.

"We need to go," he said as we approached.

He was in a full suit of black, the same as Daniel.

"Yeah, let's roll, Rodriquez," Daniel replied as the guy pulled his mask off.

It was Deron—I mean Agent Rodriquez.

I looked at him and he nodded at me. I returned the gesture. With that, he stepped out of the room and suddenly, shots bored his body.

I watched as the bullets hit him and he fell forward onto the floor. I cupped my mouth and cried out. Daniel pulled me onto the floor and behind a wall.

He grabbed a gun from his belt and gave it to me.

"Shania, I know your feelings are jumbled but I need you to shoot. I know you can, it's our only chance," Daniel said as I sat trembling.

"Shania."

I sat there frozen.

"Shania!"