Chapter 26

Me: You know the bed feels warmer sleeping here alone...
You know I dream in colour and do the things I want...

Shaneil: Think you got the best of me think you've had the last laugh...
Think you left me broken done... Think that I'll come running back baby you don't know cause you dead wrong....

Both of us: What doesn't kill you make you stronger... Stand a little taller...
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone... What doesn't kill you make a fighter footsteps even lighter. Doesn't mean I'm over cause your gone.
What doesn't kill you make you stronger, stronger. Just me, myself and I...

It was Karaoke Fridays and my baby and I were having so much fun.

We were dancing around in PJs sounding wonderfully off-key.

It was our tradition that every Friday we did a family activity to spend time together and this time it was karaoke.

"Okay mom, I'm tried now," she said as she dropped onto the black leather couch.

"Come on, one more song," I pleaded.

"You go, I'll give you a song," she replied.

Shaneil was in a pink tank top and a Dragon Ballz pyjama bottom identical to my shorts, our tops were similar also.

Shaniel loved to watch Dragon ballz and so did I.

It was a group of friends' quest for ultimate power as they save the earth from different foes, who sometimes became their friends.

I loved Goku, Trunks, Gohan and Goten. She loved Gotenks, Vegito who were saiyan fushions of Goten and trunks and Goku and Vegeta respectively. Girl power was also there with Pan, Chi-Chi and Bulma, each having their unique strength.

"Okay baby, play it!" I yelled a little pumped up tonight.

Falling by Alicia keys came on.

I listened to Alicia keys but I didn't know this one so I'm just going with the flow reading the lyrics on the TV screen.

I keep on falling... in... love...With you... Sometimes I love yah! Sometimes you make me blue...

Sometimes I feel good... At times I feel used... Over you darling... Makes me so confuse...

I keep on falling in and out of love with you... I've never love someone the way I love you... Oh, oh, I never felt this way... How do you give me so much pleasure?

Does me so much pain, yea... That's when I think I've taken. Much like a fool...

I keep on falling right back into you....

I stopped singing at the second verse just to take in the song as the memories of Daniel flooded my mind. Our first date, our first kiss, our wedding night and the first time we made love.

Tears flooded my eyes as I dropped to my knees crying. Shaneil ran over to me and hugged me her frizzy hair tickling my forehead.

"Pills, mommy needs her pills," I said and she dashed up the stairs.

This was not happening, after everything he did... I still lo-loved him. I loved Daniel Darquan but I just couldn't trust him. I loved that bastard with all my heart but he had lost my trust when he left us to fend for ourselves.

The memories of how he treated me played in my mind. "I can't look at you right now," he said as he dashed out of the hotel room.

He abandoned me, broke my heart but, yet I still love him. How was this even possible? I loved him.