Chapter 14

"Shania!" he yelled.

I sat there unable to move, my eyes were becoming glossy and my heart was filled with sorrow, anger and hurt. My stomach was churning, the pain between my legs subsided, and for a moment I was lost in deep thought.

Everyone who tried to protect me died.

Alia died escaping with me! Bromez died protecting me! Rodriquez died rescuing me!

What they all had in common? ME!

My allies and best friend died trying to save ME. Why did they have to do it? Each risked their life for me, Shania Jakes or more accurately Shanoya Brooks...

Who was I to deserve their sacrifices? I was no one special; I was nothing but their destruction.

Everyone around me died... even my parents... Their deaths were all because of ME. I'm a monster that misfortune follows... I could never have a normal, peaceful life... I just couldn't...

A tear slipped from my eye followed by many others as my dam broke and I wiped them away.

Now was not the time for tears. I gripped the gun that Daniel handed me. My mind was set; they were going to pay for killing Rodriquez.

I rose from my sitting position, cocking the gun. Daniel stared at me trying to figure me out but I didn't give any explanation. The gunshots seized and I could hear cartridges dropping to the floor, they were changing their ammo.

I ran and dove onto the wooden floor my silk dress providing a nice surface to slide on. I slid through the doorway, firing shots at my enemies. One by one, the shots hit them and one by one, they fell.

Daniel now joined the fray. One of the men received a headshot while another got a bullet straight to his heart.

They were all dead now, all seven of them.

Daniel reached down and pulled me up. I pulled free from his grip as he set me to my feet and then ran to the men, kicking them. My emotions were running wild, controlling me and clouding my better judgement. I hated these bastards for killing Rodriquez.

"This." Kick. "Is." Kick, kick. "For." Kick. "Killing him, you sons of bitches."

Kick, kick, kick, kick...

Just then, I felt Daniel's strong arms wrap around me, pulling me away from them as I cried struggling out of his grip. He released me, grabbing my shoulders and forced me to face him.

"Shania! Stop! He's gone... but you're here. He chose to help you and he knew the consequences so stop it! Now, please come with me, we need to get out of here," he cupped my face, using his thumb to wipe away my tears.

I nodded not trusting my voice not to break as I spoke.

He grabbed my hand and led me right, opposite the bodies. We walked back to back, moving in a circular motion looking for any guards. We couldn't risk getting injured...

We were almost at the end of the yellow hall when in one of the hall mirror; I spotted a guard to Daniel's left. I twisted around and shot him in his head as he raised his hand ready to fire. Daniel looked at the body, and then thanked me. I dropped the empty gun and we continued down the hall. When we reached the end of the hall, he gripped my arm and sprinted down the next one pulling me along with him. I tried to keep up with him as best as I could.

The pain between my legs came back now and it stung like a bitch. I winced as it did; he stopped in his tracks as he noticed my discomfort. He gave me his gun, picked me up bridal style, and ran towards the stairs at the end of this hall. He descended the stairs as quickly as possible. Looking over his shoulder, I see a guard, I pulled the gun, aiming and shot him as he fired, the bullet hitting Daniel in his shoulder. He grunted but continued down the stairs.