II: The Princess

"In another life, I will make you stay."

Elyza

I was practicing throwing knifes in a alleyway when I heard someone cry out. I grabbed my knifes from the wooden board and put them in my belt strap. When I get closer I hear another cry, thats when I see a girl on the road, a walker on top of her, trying to bite her, I can hear the walkers teeth hit together multiple times. The girl still struggling.

I quickly take out Ebony, one of my revolvers, and pull the trigger, hitting the walker right in the temple. Blood splatters on the ground beside the girl, she scoots away, breathing heavily. Poor girl, she must have had a lot going on lately if she's alone. Who would've just left a girl like her alone.

I start jogging over to her, "You alright there?" I asked, the girl turns her head toward me and I'm mesmerize by her naturally wavy burnette hair and her deep forest green eyes. Her eyes look at me terrified, I just smile and crack a joke, "You looked like you were trying to have way to much fun with that walker." She looked at me confused, I sighed, holding my hand out for her to grab, "Come on, get up, we have to get somewhere safer if we are going to survive. The sound of the gun will draw them here."

She grabbed my hand in a way so that I can pull her up with leverage, a little to much leverage. She bumped into me, she's a little taller than I am, but I still caught her eyes and my heart flutters a bit, I pull away fast, keep a strait face, and hiding my feelings. I turn around towards the alley I came out of and started walking, her footsteps follow me.

She speaks up, "Hey, I should've said this earlier, but thank you." My breath hitches at the sound of her voice, it took my heart. She's probably straight.

"Anytime, Princess." I said, my heart took control of my brain, making me call her princess. I mentally face palm myself, idiot.

"Yeah, um, can you not call me Princess?" She asked, a little sass behind her voice.

That's when I smile, "Awe, but why not, Princess, the least you can do is let me give you a nickname for saving your life."

"I'd rather you not give me a nickname." she says with a little attitude.

"Alright, fine, can you tell me your real name, Princess." I start to laugh at her irritation.

"I'm not telling you until you stop calling me that." she's stubborn.

"I'll stop calling you Princess."

She doesn't answer, she's fed up with me. I only laugh more about it. I look up at the sky seeing the sun is starting to set. When we get to the small abandon apartment building that I was staying in for tonight I take the key that was in my bike out and put it in my pocket, just in case she had any ideas of taking it. I started to doubt she would have when I open the door to the building. When I walk through the door and to a counter, I turn around to see the girl is still outside the door, "Don't worry, I checked all the floors before. No walkers, I promise."

She walks in, closing the glass doors behind her. I look through a duffle bag I had and I grab and throw a belt to her, she looks at me confused, "What's this for?"

"I want you to hit me with it." I say as a joke, she looks mortified, "I was kidding, wrap it around the door handles, make sure it's tight." I was laughing hard at the joke.