XVIII: My Consequences

"I'll always be with you"

Elyza

I wake up with a splitting headache and a sleeping Alicia in my arms. What the hell did we do last night? Or was it just me? Who the hell knows? Alicia will. I don't want to awake her though. Wait, why were we still in this house? Were we not suppose to be on the road yesterday? All this questioning is killing my brain. Now I really want to wake Alicia. She looks so beautiful sleeping. I watch her shoulder blades expand and contract as she breathes steadily and heavily. Her bra clasp didn't touch her back, just an inch space between her back and the clasp. I started to lightly run my fingers down her back, making sure not to wake her. She shivered but her breathing was still steady. I saw goose bumps spread from my touch and throughout her back. I was watching with great interest. Even when she's sleeping my touch is sensitive to her.

Soon I leaned over Alicia and whispered in her ear, "Good morning, princess." I got nothing and I frowned. I laid on her side gently and whispered some more, "Love... beautiful... hot stuff.... babe... baabe." Still nothing. Did she take sleeping pills or something like that. My lips got closer to her ear, "Baaabe." I whispered a little louder. I kissed her cheek when I felt her move some, "Good morning again, princess." I kept pecking her cheek until she finally turned her face to me. I kissed her lips, then, smiling into the kiss. I pulled our morning kiss apart and looked at her.

"Well, good morning to you too, Elyza." She gave me a toothy grin.

"So, can you enlighten me on why we aren't in our truck, and why I have a terrible headache." I decided to lay across her stomach carefully so I didn't hurt her, my back pressed to her skin.

"Figured you wouldn't remember." She rolled her eyes at me and frowned. Whatever happen it must have pissed her off. "You remember walking of like a little child yesterday after our stupidest argument ever, right?"

I did. I sat up and laid my head on her bare stomach. I looked up at her with a frown and stare into her eyes. "I'm really sorry about that. It was so stupid and I realized that."

"I know you are." She looked away to the window in our room. "Well, you came home super late last night. Nick found you."

"Woah, wait, Nick found me? He's not hurt is he?" I looked at her with worry.

"No... or at least not physically. He covered himself in walker guts last night to find you. He found you and brought you back. When I went downstairs to confront him about going after you he was staring at nothing in a way I can't describe. He just sat there in that disgusting blood and stared like it was normal to be in it. Something in him was... gone." She was staring out the window like she was trying to figure it out. "He found you in a liquor store. You came home drunk."

"Let me guess, Jack Daniels and Carlton Draught. Once I start drinking those I can't stop." I laughed a bit. "Explains the pounding headache." I sit up, looking at Alicia. "You know, if I didn't have this excruciating headache, then I'd have the rest of your clothes off by now, you sexy devil."

She shakes her head at me with a laugh, "Must be my lucky day, and thanks you beautiful angel." She gives me a wink. Woah, wait, damn... okay... I think she just turned me on.

"Mmm, you remember what you just did there."

She gives me a confused eyebrow, "What did I do?"