XIX: What I Use To Be

"Jues drein jues daun
-Blood must have blood"

Alicia

"Alright everyone, we are not going to sit here and do nothing, the people we love are in a life or death situation. Elyza told me to plan. I have no doubt that she will plan on the inside, but we can't be sure." Lindsay demanded everyones attention, I listened intently.

My mom came to the table Lindsay was standing at. "What do you suppose we do?"

Lindsay thinks for a second. "It may be a long shot, but we need to get another one of us in."

"No, no one is going in, end of-" My mom started to say but was cut off by Lindsay.

"Not as a prisoner, as a recruit." Lindsay informs.

"Wouldn't they know what we look like, Aden can't go in because they know him, and I'm sure they saw me before." Travis argued.

"Chris or Nick will go." Lindsay suggested. Chris looked around for Nick, who was chewing on his thumbnail. Chris nodded as a response.

"No way, I'm not putting my son in danger."

"But dad-" Chris was about to argue, but Travis cut him off.

"No!"

Lindsay ran her fingers through her tied back hair, she does that when she's aggravated, "We have to risk someone for this! My brother is in there! Madison, your daughters girlfriend is in there! People that saved your daughters life and that are our people are in there! We need all the people we can get and right now your son, Travis, is not a kid anymore! He is muscle we can use! And dressing one of us girls up like a dude is a bigger risk than one of the boys! You said it yourself, Aden can't do it because he's been there. and you can't do it because they've seen you before."

"I'll do it Lindsay, just tell me what I have to do." Chris agreed, "I can make my own decisions dad."

"You need to change your look, maybe cut off your hair or tie it back and get it greasier. You need to look like you haven't showered since the beginning of this shit. Maybe roughen yourself up a bit." Lindsay walked around him,

"What can I do?" Nick asked.

Lindsay smiled and thought for a moment. "We need to figure out where a recruit house is, and you somehow got home last night without a scratch on you. I need you to scout for a recruit house tonight. Then tomorrow you will lead Chris to said recruit house."

"Why do you need someone on the inside?" My mom questioned Lindsay's plan.

"I'm going to make walkie-talkie's tonight, but I need the supplies. So I'm asking Aden and Alicia go and get one half of the list and you and Travis get the other half. I'll also give you some ideas for where you may find everything." I nodded and ran my fingers through Aden's hair. It was something to occupy my mind. "Ofelia and I will help Chris start to look rugged."

Lindsay found something to write the supplies she needed on. Then she ripped it in half and hands a list to me, then to Travis. I go over the list. Then I grab Aden by the arm and tell him to come with me. He followed me to the door and Lindsay was yelling places I could find the things. When I got out of the house, Aden and I got in the truck that held Elyza's motorcycle. I took the keys off the seat and put them in the ignition. Then I pulled out of the drive way, tossing my Ipod to Aden to plug it in and play something so we wouldn't have a long silent drive.