XXII: Caged

"Where have you gone"

Elyza

I know I'm not going insane. I just know it.

It's been a month and a half since Tim's been gone. Gone, but definitely not forgotten. We've been living life like normal, with the wall finally finished and work on the farm split for everyone to help out and do their part, it's been pretty peaceful. We have a daily patrol around the outside wall just in case walkers just so happen to catch wind of us and stumble into the woods. So far, since my time on one of the patrols, I haven't seen any. Usually the patrols consist of no less than three people and either Aden or I have to be with a group. We tend to switch every other patrol.

We haven't gone out of the walls much. That means going to a library to get books never happened. A plus side to it is I've been drawing and writing in my journals more. I've got very amazing drawings of Alicia wearing her cowgirl outfit, riding horses, or wearing her cowgirl outfit while riding horses. Okay, I admit, it turns me on when she wears that hat, but come on, her being sassy towards me also turns me on. Hell, just her looking at me turns me on. That's besides the point.

I've also got great representation portraits of everyone and what they use to do before all this shit. Of course, smart ass Lindsay was drawn with anything mechanic like. I learned Rick was ex-military and one of the explosive experts, so I drew him in camouflage with a detonator in his hand and an explosion in the background.

Maria was surprisingly something I've never thought she would be. She sold guns for a living, and not in the good way. Yeah, she would help scratch off serial numbers and sell them on the streets. She also had sold swords as well to very rich clientele who wanted a big collection without the crazy tax price. So, in reality she was an illegal arms trafficker who was very well known, or her group. But, before guns she studied in law. Her brother got her into the gun ring. Her J.D. was the reason for them getting out of troubles, because of loopholes she found and the corrupt system. So, guns where every fucking where with her wearing a very classy lawyers suit.

Harper was interesting, by interesting, I mean really crazy. She was a drug addict, but before popping pills she was surprisingly a kindergarten teacher. Turns out she was also engaged, but she found out the guy was cheating and they called it off. But, really, who would want to cheat on her, she's amazing and very pretty. Then she fell into depression, which lost her her job and she moved to L.A. where she fell in with the wrong crowd and it made her a pill head. I didn't know how to portray her, so I just made her into a teacher, which she pulled off.

Lindsey's brother Danny was S.W.A.T. Nick was also a druggie with nothing in his background. Chris didn't really have anything, other than school, or whatever sport he played. Ofelia I didn't get much of, other than she worked at her dad's barber shop. Madison was a guidance counselor. Travis was an English teacher. And I, well there is a mess of things. Aden I found out use to play baseball. Alicia just had many things I've learned about her.

Recently my paranoia has gotten the best of me. I've been looking for cameras everywhere. Especially while I'm alone and especially in our room. I hated the feeling that I was being watched. The only time I really felt alone was in that grain room with Alicia. I've been trying to convince Mama to let Alicia and I go find a library, but I she refuses to let us. That is what I've been doing all day today. It started from breakfast to lunch, and now it was afternoon. I was frantically trying still.

"Come on, mama! Alicia and I are done with everything we needed to do. Can we just go for a short joyride on my bike?" I pleaded.