XX: Out Of Our Minds

"You're mine, forever and always"

Elyza

"You ready to tell me what happened to you back there?" I sparked the question as I drove our truck down Interstate 80 heading to Cheyenne, Wyoming. She was quiet ever since I started driving the truck. And I didn't want to ask until Aden was asleep. He stayed up for about a day, like me. I was use to not sleeping for days, so it worked out. But, finally he did. Alicia gave him her iPod and told him to go crazy, but he just past out listening to that earbanging music.

Alicia shrugged her shoulders like she didn't know what I was talking about. "You'll have to be more specific."

I sighed a little in irritation, "You know what I'm talking about. You weren't yourself. I didn't see Alicia when I looked into your eyes. Granted I saw you, you are the same person, but it wasn't... you." I looked over to Alicia and saw her arms crossed.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She raised an eyebrow, but never even glanced at me. She seemed defensive over the matter.

"What's going on with you?" I was deeply concerned, I should be. Alicia was my number one priority anymore. Well, that and Aden. It scared me to see her like that. It was like she's seen all the bad things, things she's done and seen done. Being left with the hard decisions at a young age. Yes she's made some decisions that were really terrific, but the pain and fire in her eyes showed that these decisions lead to deaths and war. It was like she's saw war in the perspective of a leader.

"Nothing. I'm fine Elyza." She retorted.

I looked at her again. She still stared out the window. "You cannot sit there and tell me that nothing is going on with you when you haven't looked at me since I started driving!" My voice raised without me meaning to, so I calmed myself. Breathe in, breathe out, "You cut off a man's head like you've done it many times before, Alicia. If that isn't a sign that something's wrong, then I don't know what is."

She shifted in her seat, "I almost lost you, again!" Her voice was loud but shaky. She sounded like she was on the verge of tears. When I looked over I saw tears gloss her eyes. Then I looked back at the road to see that we were stopping and I eased on the brakes. When I looked back at Alicia I saw she wasn't herself again. "I can't lose you, again." Her voice cracked mid-sentence and a tear rolled down her left cheek.

"Alicia, what do you mean again, you never lost me." My hands went to her cheeks and I pulled her to me, resting her forehead on mine. "I'm right here, with you, and I'm not going to stop bugging you until the day I die. Even then I'll find a way to bug you. Maybe haunt you with Acca Dacca for the rest of your life." I joked.

"That's exactly what I mean by losing you, I died and lost you. Now I'm afraid that one of us is going to die and I'll lose you again, our love would be short lived again." She stressed the word "again" with so much emotion. She was out of it, I have to admit, but I can't tear her down by telling her she's a lunatic. Not saying she is one, but what she was saying wasn't making any sense.

I shook my head and then nodded and smiled when I said, "I'll always be with you." My left hand was playing with her hair while the right hand laid on her cheek, my thumb creating circles.

She closed her eyes and smiled, "I can finally tell you that I love you."

"You already tell me that Alicia, I love you too." I chuckled. When Alicia's eyes stared into mine I saw she was herself again, "There you are."

"What do you mean, Elyza?" She laughed.

"Nothing. Just... lets figure out why we stopped." I picked up the truck radio talkie and pressed the talk button. "Anyone want to elaborate on why we stopped?"