Monday 3:23pm

We flew out to L.A. together. Once we were off the place, I turned my phone on. I had 11 miss calls, all from my mother. Kyle said he'd get my bag as I went outside to call her back.

"Hello, Alex?" She answered.

"Yes mom, what's wrong?" I asked.

"I'll be flying out to London, and I'll need you to come too. Nana is sick, we'll just be there for the summer," she informed me.

"What's wrong with nana?" I was worried.

"Cancer, she has Lung Cancer," all color was drained from my face.

"But she neve-," mom cut me off.

"I don't know why either," she sighed.

"When am I flying out?" I asked.

"Wednesday at 6:46pm," she explained.

"Okay I got to go," I hung up.

I heard everyone laughing, my back was to them with my arms crossed. "Hey Alex, you ok-," Kyle turn me around, "never mind, come here."

He opened his arms to me, I wrapped my arms around his lower stomach. He rubbed my back, as I started to snuggle. "Hey hey no crying, everything will be okay," I shook my head no.

When we went back to the apartment I just told them I wanted to be alone for a little bit. I just sat outside looking out at the city.

Once it started to get dark, Kyle came out with a blanket. He wrapped it around me, not saying anything just sat next to me in silence. Until he said, "we're all worried about you, and we're all her for you. Just tell us what's wrong when your ready"

He got up to go inside, I said, " My Nana in London has Lung Cancer. I'm flying out there on Wednesday."

"Alex, I'm sorry, how long are you staying there?" He asked me.

"All of summer," I said simply.

"Come on, let's go inside. You don't need to hide out." He put his hand out for me. I looked at him before I grabbed it.

We sat on the floor with everyone eating pizza, watching some movies.