08: Nightmare

Chanwoo and Yerin ran out of the mall as soon as Chanwoo said that someone was stalking them at the time. Yerin was so scared to hear that and she doesn't want anything bad happen to them.

They ran, ran and ran, until they reached at a deserted park to take a break. Both of them were out of breath and Chanwoo suddenly saw an ice-cream stall nearby the park.

Good timing!

"Yerin-ah, do you want ice-cream?" Chanwoo asked as he took out his wallet from his jeans pocket.

Yerin smiled at him widely, nodding as a yes. Chanwoo doesn't even bother to ask what flavor she wants because he know, it would be definitely vanilla. He walked to the ice-cream stall, leaving Yerin all alone at the bench.

At the same time, a boy with a big spectacles, a white mask under his chin, a red hat that covers his hair along with white uniform came approaching Yerin at the bench. She was confused whether to smile or just ignore him but the boy seems like a nice person.

"Hello, Miss. I'm here for Yakult's new creation of milk. This is some tester that you can take. You want to try it?" he said while handing Yerin a small cup of it.

Yerin smiled and willingly took it from the boy and mumbling thanks to him. He bowed as he left when he saw Chanwoo walked to us.

"Who was that?" Chanwoo asked while giving me a cone of vanilla ice-cream.

I took it from him, scooted to her right side so that he can sit as well.

"A promoter from Yakult. This is the tester," Yerin showed him the small cup she got earlier. "You want some?"

Chanwoo quickly shook his head and pouts. It somehow has made Yerin burst out laughing because he looks so funny.

"I don't like Yakult. So you can have it all yourself," he said and starts licking his chocolate ice-cream.

Yerin nodded as she drank all of the milk at one time, before tossing it into a bin near the bench they were sitting. Her vanilla ice cream was on her left hand when she suddenly slipped it off down to the ground.

"Yerin! Your ice-cream!" Chanwoo half-yelled when he saw that. Maybe he is just too shock.

Yerin laughed hysterically as if it was a funny joke, which make Chanwoo weird. He frowned and slapped her shoulder.

"It's so wasteful! Why did you threw it to the ground?" Chanwoo nagged, literally unsatisfied with that.

"Ohhh~ It's melting on the ground~ Hahahaha, that's funny," Yerin said as she tried to stand up from her seat.

However, she almost tripped. Fortunately Chanwoo caught her body just on time.

"Yah, are you okay?" Chanwoo asked worriedly.

Yerin giggles, nibbling Chanwoo's sleeve. Chanwoo shook his head uncomfortably as he lift Yerin's body back on the bench.

"We need to go home," Chanwoo decided while wrapping Yerin's left arm around his neck.

And that was all what happened.

x

《Jinhwan's POV》

I spent my whole day in the studio, whether with the kids or not. I had to choose my dancers by today, if we want to proceed to practice for the competition. But, Yerin's tired face can't get off from my mind. I somehow felt pity on her.

What I have done?

I drove back to home, finding the kids and my girl already went to back. I came in silently, not wanting to wake them up. Especially, Yerin. I don't want her to know I came home this late.

It's freaking 3 in the morning.

I walked casually to my room, walking passed Chanwoo and Donghyuk's room and Yerin's as well. When I was walking in front of he room, I stopped on my track.

I heard someone's sobs and I bet it's Yerin.

I tried twisting the doorknob, trying my luck if she didn't lock it in the first place. In fact, she didn't. I peeked in to look at her but it was too dark in her room. So, I decided to check on her without her acknowledge.

I walked in, closing the door slowly than ever before I approached the girl I love the most. She is fast asleep but I can see she is.. crying?

I knelt down to the bedside, holding a cold hand beside her head and bring it to my chest. She is still sobbing like a kid with her eyes closed shut.

"Jinani, please.. Don't leave me.." she was sounded like begging. It's literally me since she just mentioned my name.

That's make my heart breaks into million pieces, crushing down the earth. I've hurt her. I hurt her, my baby, this bad..

"Jinhwan, I love you. I won't have an affair with anyone else because I only love you!" she yelled with her tears keep rolling down her cheeks.

I felt like wanted to tear up as well, as my grip on her hand tightened. Yerin-ah, I'm sorry..

"Jinhwan-ie..." she sobbed endlessly, making me quickly jump onto her bed, pulling her into a tight hug.

"Yerin, wake up. I'm here, baby. Please don't cry," I panicked as I slightly shook her body.

She slowly opened her eyes, meeting it with mine. I faked a smile as I brought her to my arms again.

"Jinhwan?" she asked in confusion before she buried her face on my chest, crying even louder.

I shushed her to stop crying, "I'm here, baby. I'm here."

"Jinhwan, I'm so sorry. I won't make you mad anymore. Please don't--"

"No, Yerin, no. I'm the one who should apologize to you. I made you hurt, I made you cry, in fact, I already promised not to make you cry. I'm so sorry, Yerin. This is all my fault," I tightened the hug, burying my face on the crook of her neck, sniffing her sweet scent.

She continually sobbed on my chest. God, I'm so sinful for making her like this.

I broke the hug, pulling up her chin to find her eyes. She tried to avoid my gaze when I saw her pinky cheeks but she failed. I quickly locked my lips with her lips, assuring her that I really do apologize for what happened between us.

She pulled away, hiding her face behind her long black hair. I chuckled at her cute reaction.

"I'm so sorry, okay?" I said again, making sure I'm really has been forgiven.

She nodded her head, pulling me into a hug. I hugged her back, of course, as I planted a kiss on her head. I'm so stupid for making the love of my life crying so bad because of me.

"I had nightmare just now.." Yerin mumbled on my chest, as cute as ever.

I ran my fingers in her long thick hair, playing with it. "It was just a nightmare, baby. Now, I'm here with you. Don't be afraid anymore arasseo?"

"I thought I already lost you. In that dream, you wanted to breakup."

I shook my head repeatedly, "No, baby. I will never ask that from you. I love you so much, remember?"

She hummed a yes under her breath. She seemed so tired after crying just now. So, I will just let her rest.

"Now, let's go back to sleep," I said as I lead her to lay back down on her bed.

"Will you sleep with me tonight?" she asked cutely.

I laughed at her cuteness, nodding my head as an answer. I laid beside her, pulling her closer to my chest.

"Good night, baby," I whispered romantically to her ears.

She nodded, "I love you, Jinhwan. Always will!"

I chuckled and kissed her forehead. "I love you more, babe."

Without my acknowledgement, there was six pairs of eyes peeking behind the door, witnessing what happened just now.