16: History repeating itself

"Morning." I heard a voice were so close to my ears as I opened my eyes in sleepiness.

I rubbed my eyes for couple of times before I saw Hongseok is smiling at me while his hand gently playing with my hair. We were watching movies on his laptop last night before I ended up sleeping here with him. That's why I'm here in his room.

"Morning," I greeted back, earning a soft kiss on my forehead. I smiled to myself before got up from his bed.

"Don't you have any class to attend today?" I asked as I slipped into my slippers to wash up.

Then I heard he says, "Nope, all my photo shoot appointments have been postponed so I'm free today."

I groaned as I look at myself in the mirror after I washed my face. "How lucky you are. Unfortunately, I have three classes today so I can't stay at home with you."

Before I knew it, Hongseok already standing behind me as his arms encircling my waist and he put his chin on my right shoulder. Too close to feel his hot breath on my neck. It's tickling!

"It's okay," he whispered. "I will get you there."

I nodded as I turned around to give him a kiss on his cheek, before he released me to let me to get ready for class.

I feel so happy right now when I knew that Hongseok was my first love. I never expect it was him because I hated him so much before for causing chaos in my relationship with Jinhwan.

Talking about Jinhwan, honestly, I missed him so much. I've never seen him lately in the academy which make me guess that he might be busy with his always-packed schedule or being with Dami. Being backstabbed by her never crossed in my mind. Although she is just few months younger than me, I already treat her like my sister.

I think I've misjudged her all this time.

I sighed at the thought. I should move on and appreciate what I have now. I'm too young to be hurt like this. Yes, I do love Jinhwan with all my heart but what else I could do when he is not feeling the same anymore?

-at Seoul Academy-

"Take care," Hongseok whispered as he planted a kiss on my forehead. This had been his favorite now and I kinda love that. I feel loved.

I nodded and smiled to him. "Don't wait for me. I will be late."

"It's okay, I will still wait for you. If I can wait for you for almost 15 freaking years then why can't I wait for you for a day, right?"

I smiled as I nodded my head. He was right. I bid a goodbye to him as his car drove off to somewhere I guess it would be his house. He'd better come back to home rather than hanging out anywhere without a proper plan.

I walked to my locker to take my books and proceed straight to my class. I don't want to be late and get detention because of it. As I stepped into the class, I saw Mrs. Yoon already in there, writing something on the white board. I gulped.

"You are late today, Miss Kang," she greeted with a smirk across her lips.

I smiled awkwardly to her and bowed apologetically.

"You are lucky because you are just late for one minute," she paused. "You may go to your seat now."

I bowed again, "Thank you, ma'am."

I sighed in relieved when I finally sat down on my seat, taking a deep breath before I took out my book, only to realizing that Jinhwan is sitting right beside me. I glanced at him and noticed that he didn't look at me at all so I just ignored him and starts to pay attention to the lesson otherwise I will get caught staring at him in Mrs. Yoon's class.

One hour and fifteen minutes passed too fast. Neither I nor Jinhwan talked to each other if it's not necessary. I wonder why he didn't greet me at all when in fact he is the one wanted to talk to me so bad before. Was he really affected when he saw me kissing with Hongseok in the order day?

Okay, let's not talk about it.

"Class is dismissed. Don't forget to complete your assignment," Mrs. Yoon reminded before walking off out of the class.

Me being the last person to exit the class ever, still sitting on my seat and watched my classmates walking towards the door as if it was kinda of great movies. I didn't budge at all before my mind said: why didn't I see Jinhwan exited the class?

Pretty good enough when I turn around to my side, I caught him staring at me. I avoided his strong gaze which already caused my heart to pumps crazily as my hand quickly stuffing all my books and pencil case into my bag. I thought I was the only left in the class- but no -so I'd better get going now.

"Wait," Jinhwan suddenly spoke up, making me stop on my track but still didn't turn back to face him.

I can feel he is walking towards me. God, why can't I just run away from here instead of staying? I sighed silently when my eyes already met with his.

"You have changed, Yerin," he bluntly stated.

I looked up to meet his eyes which was glassy in my point of view. How dare he to say that to me? Is he talking about himself? I wasn't the one who kissed another girl and I wasn't the one who didn't admit I just did that. I wasn't the one who hanged around with another girl and forget that I'm already have someone in my heart. It was him.

"And now you want to blame me? So I'm the bad guy huh?" I asked in dissatisfaction as I stood up from my seat, my eyes shooting straight into his eyes.

I still can accept if he doesn't want to be with me anymore but putting all the blame on me.. never.
"Look, Jinhwan. I loved you, and I will
always love you. You are the only guy I love in my entire life--"

Then he cut in, "Then what about Hongseok? Aren't you guys dating?"

I sighed. "That's not--" then again he cut my words.

"Stop lying, Kang Yerin. The whole of Seoul Academy knows that you are now dating with Hongseok. What's up? What am I to you then?"

"Then what are you to Dami? Doesn't her think the same way as Hongseok does?" I retorted. He can't put the blame on people just to protect himself!

He remained silent. I know I was right. His eyes trailed off to somewhere as I wanted to make an eye contact with him. He know he was wrong,  that is why he can't even look at into my eyes. Duh.

"Excuse me, I have another things to do," I excused myself as I walked passed by him, slightly brushing my shoulder over his.

Then I heard his says in a mocking way, "To meet Hongseok, you mean?"

I turned back to him and glared, "That's none of your business, Kim Jinhwan. You may go to your Dami. I don't care."

I started walking towards the door which need about fifteen steps to reach over the door when I heard Jinhwan's voice again.

"Just be my scandal, Yerin. Will you?"