Epilogue: Of course I would say yes, baby

I woke up in four in the morning, receiving a text message from Hongseok telling me that his flight to the US will be two hours from now; which mean 6 in the morning. I found that Jinhwan wasn't lying beside me anymore, so it gives me the opportunity to jump off of my bed and get ready. I still got time to make it to my graduation ceremony at school if I safely arrived at the airport thirty minutes from now. After informing Hongseok that I would send him off at the airport, I took a quick bath before rummaging throughout my closet— searching for a simple yet comfortable clothes I may have in it.

I will just go straight to the school from the airport, so I packed the school dress I decided to wear into my backpack before I rush to the bus stop near the house, waiting for a taxi I could ride.

"Goodbye, Hongseok," I said softly as I held his right hand tightly.

He smiled sadly, "Goodbye, Yerin. And.. thank you for seeing me on board— maybe this is our last time meeting each other. Congratulations for graduating and don't forget to find a proper job after that. Okay?"

I nodded as I bit my lips. It saddens me to know that Hongseok apparently the first person who congratulating me instead of Jinhwan who I really hoped to be the first. He shook my hand before pulling me into his arms one last time. I sniffed in his scent on his chest as I felt tears starts to fall off from my eyes. My heart felt heavy to finally send him off, far far away from me. At least, he decided to leave me alone even though we are in a good term now.

He gently rubbed my back and chuckled as if he was comforting me so that I wouldn't be sad. "I will call you if you don't mind."

"No, I won't be mind at all. Call me anytime if you want."

He pulled away, looking down on his watch before informing, "I have to go now. My flight is in just 45 minutes from now."

I nodded as I wiped away my tears that almost dried on my cheeks. He smiled sheepishly as he pulled his luggage near his legs before he finally walked away while waving a goodbye to me. Bye-bye, Hongseok. Till we meet again in the future.

x

Chanwoo: Where the hell were you been before the ceremony?

"Meeting an old friend at the airport."

Donghyuk: Hongseok, you mean?

"Oh, shut up," I said exasperatedly before taking a seat next to Yunhyeong.

My eyes roaming all over the hall but I can't see my boyfriend anywhere. I sighed inwardly as I stared on my lap, feeling totally disappointed and down.

Bobby: Yerin-ah, gwenchana?

I just nodded.

Hanbin: I know what were you thinking but I'm sure Jinhwan hyung is gonna be okay.

"At least, he just need to show up for a minute. I want to meet him on my big day but—"

Junhoe: Shh, you shouldn't have be sad. Eun will be here any second so cheer up, alright?

Yunhyeong patted my back, comforting me as if he know how I'm feeling about this. My eyes were glued on the stage where my name were announced about an hour ago and everything that happened there was like replaying itself without my knowing. There was me, myself, waiting for my boyfriend to show up with a bouquet of flowers, smiling as wide as he could at me before planting kisses and congratulating me for my achievement but yeah, it will never happen. Keep on dreaming, Yerin. 

Yunhyeong: You want some drink?

I turned to look at him and nodded my head. Maybe a glass of juice will cheer me up and help me not to overthinking about Jinhwan. Deep down inside my heart, I know he is up for something but I just couldn't help myself to think negatively about him. It's just that, I'm a little bit traumatised with this kind of Jinhwan's behaviour. You know, he would always avoids and being mute whenever something goes wrong and he won't tell me what's bothering him unless I forced him to do so.