22: My heart is not a puzzle that can be easily breaks and combines

《Jinhwan's POV》

I felt like something was strangling me which make me choked out for some oxygen.

"Jinhwan? Jinhwan! Are you okay?!" I heard someone's voice panicked as he/she shook my body gently before I heard fast steps coming to me.

Few minutes later, I finally stabilized and I could see who actually was with me just now. It's Yerin, my girlfriend. She was crying so hard like a baby all the time and she was never trying to let go of my hand even when the doctor and nurses were doing their jobs. I can tell by just looking at her face; that she was really worried. It somehow has made me feel warm because I know I'm still getting her attention.

"Hey," Yerin came and ran her fingers through my hair and smiled warmly at me. "Are you okay?"

I forced a smile. It's really uncomfortable to stay in bed in static position since I broke my arm and leg at the freaking same time. I nodded to her as the answer which gaining a quick kiss on my forehead. I then smiled widely and if I could now, I would jump off of bed and hug her. Is this a sign that she still loves me?

"Get well real soon, okay? I will always stay here with you," she said while tightening her grip on my left hand.

"You not mad?"

She chuckled, "That's really rude and very selfish of me to be mad after all what you did for me. How to get rid of the guilt in my heart for not believing you all this while, hm?"

I gestured her to come closer to me and she bent down towards the bed. Her face was facing me so I gently pressed my lips on hers instead of her cheek which caught her off guard when I saw her a bit shock after that.

"Stay with me," I whispered while intertwining our fingers.

She smiled as she laid down her head on the bed, next to my hand. I wanted to caress her hair so badly, I wanted to comfort her since I couldn't do so before but I only have my left hand available which already in her grip now.

"You know what?" She paused. "You were badly injured back then until it made me want to give up in life. I thought I would lose you but thank God, the operation was successfully done. I'm so thankful for that."

I remained silent, waiting for her to continue.

"I don't want you to think about anything for now, especially about Dami, you got it?" She ordered as she tried to be serious and her finger poked my cheek.

I chuckled as I nodded my head, "Aye aye captain!"

Suddenly, I saw tears in her eyes.

"Yah, uljima," I pulled my hand to wipe the tears away from her cheeks. It just made her cry more and more.

God, I really want to comfort her right now. Can I?
"I'm such a bad girlfriend for you, am I right?" She sobbed. "No one would ever stay with me if I only cause them to be injured and hurt because of me."

"Hey," I shook my head and my hand grabbed her head to force her to look at me. "I love you okay? I love you so much and I would do anything to make you safe. I don't mind these happen on me but I really can't forgive myself if you staying on the bed instead of me."

"I'm sorry..." she buried her face on my arm until I can feel the tears on it. I brought her head closer to mine and I placed a gentle kiss on her head. I wanted to cry too but I need to be stronger for her. She is the only one for me and I want her to rely on me more than anyone else.

x

"Welcome home!"

I smiled warmly as I saw the decorations all over the house. The boys made a small party for my comeback from the hospital and I couldn't say no to their excitement. I don't want to burden them just for throwing a party for me but since they insisted, then fine.