Struggle #16

"What happened to your eye?" Prince asks right off the bat. I now wish I had some sunglasses to wear and cover it. Red eyes are not the first thing your crush should notice...nor is it attractive.

"I um, got into a little argument with Yannie and one thing led to another and next thing you know. Boop, red eyes." I say shrugging my shoulders like its nothing.

Princeton chuckles a little. "Well that explains nothing..." he steps closer to me. "Lemme see your eye." His hands cup my cheeks gently and he leans in, peering into my eyes, focusing mostly on the left one which begins to tear up again.

"So whats conclusion have you come to doctor?" I ask sarcastically.

"You'll surive as long as you feast your eyes on something sexy....like me." He smirks and removes his hands from my burning cheeks,

I smile and roll my eyes, "What are you guys doing here? I thought you had tour rehearsels."

"We did this morning, we just came here to check up on your and chill for a little while." He tell me, taking a seat on the clear bench outside our studio. I join him, sitting close enough to smell the cologne wafting off his body. "So I heard Mandy loves your designs, that's good. Mandy doesnt play when it comes to fasion."

I beam again and eye him suspicously, "You been keeping tabs on me?"

"No ego-manic," He fires back playfully. "Roc told me about it, he found out from Renee. Those two are something else, they catching feelings fast."

They're not the only ones....

"Hey!" Prince exclaims, making me jump out of my thoughts. "Can I see your designs?"

My spirit skyrockets and I nod like a bobble head. Prince smirks before following me into the studio and pass my design table. I ignore the eyes on me as I walk over to my clothing rack to show off my hard work. I show Princeton the designs in the order of Ray, Prod, Roc, then his. He's impressed by every little detail, continously shifting through the clothes and pointing out something new that he likes.

"I love all the buttons on the collar," He tells me, pointing at the one of a green and black alien. I beam, too happy to say anything in response.

"Yo Ray!" Prince calls across the room to Ray who is busy throwing glitter at Yannie. "Did you see Kacey's designs yet? You're gonna go crazy over these pants man."

Ray throws one last handful at Yannie before coming over to us. "Yooooo," He exclaims, automatically grabbing the jacket I finished today. "This is so dope! You go Kacey!" He says, giving me a high five. Roc and Prod eventually come over too, congratualting me on my pieces. Their praise should make me feel extremely happy, but the guilt in my stomach is soiling this moment for me.

I glance over my shoulder to see Yannie look away from my direction quickly. I sigh and walk over to her sheepishly, she makes a point of turning her back to me and pretending to fix up the pair of pants she hasn't finished yet. I clasp my hands together and shift from side to side, the tension clear in the air. "I'm sorry Yannie...." I trail off, waiting for her to look at me. When she never does I sigh again, "For messing up your jacket and throwing a tantrum. I came at you wrong and I'm sorry."

After a moment, she finally looks up at me. Her face crinkled slightly, "You're not the only one that did wrong. I was rude to you but only because you were grilling me over something so dumb."

"I know and I'm sorry." I take the crumpled letter out of my pocket and place it on the table. "Here, take the P since I messed up your jacket. Prod will love it." I say to her. It nearly tears my heart to pieces to see that P leave my hand but my dad raised me to be the bigger person at all times. Even if that means giving up something I love.

Yannie picks up the felt letter and rubs her fingers against it, shaking her head softly. She chuckles and looks up at me, "Take the letter Kacey, I know it means alot to you. Besides...you had it first and who would I be to come between you and your boo Prince?"

A blush heats up my face, "Do I make it that obvious that I like him?"

"Hell yeah you're obvious about it. But boys are slow, it will take him a moment to catch on." She tells me.

"Unless London gets him first." I scowl, shooting a dirty look over to where she's showing Prince her designs, which are really her cousins. I roll my eyes and turn back to Yannie as she hands me the letter, "Thank you. I'm sorry for acting stupid but I promise I'll make it up to you."

She taps her chin in thought, "Next time we get McDonalds, you're paying for my food."

I laugh and shake her hand, "Deal."

Heading back over to Prince, I grab his shoulder and turn him away from London's babbling mouth. I hold up the leopard print P, "What do you think about adding this," he watches as I pin it against his jacket. "Here?"

I swear his eyes lit up once he saw how nicely it pulled the outfit together, Princeton looks between me and the jacket. "I think it looks 10x times better, you got skills Kacey."

London's eyes radiate hate over his shoulder as she glares at me, I flash a 100 watt smile and shrug. "I try,"

The rest of the week is filled with radio and tv interviews, not just for MB but for us too because we won the competition. Everytime we prepare for an interview, my body starts shaking from adrenaline.

This is what it feels like to be famous.

The first couple interviews were fun because I've never done something like this before...interview practices at school doesnt count. But after a while, things got tiring. Answering the same questions over and over eventually get boring, now I see what Prod meant when he said things arent always so glamourous.

Things get exciting again during a tv interview with Jessica Holt. She asks the basic questions before taking twitter questions. Most of them are for us, asking us where we're from, what our favorite MB song is and if the fans can get a sneak peek of the designs. But one question makes my breathing stop all together.

"Alright, this question is from TrillMBGirl97 and it's for Princeton," Jessica says, reading from her ipad. "TrillMBGirl97 wants to know if there's some chemistry between Kacey and Princeton." Jessica looks up at Princeton with her gleaming blue eyes. "Well?"

Princeton shifts in his seat and chuckles nervously, "The fans think we have chemistry with everyone." He laughs it off, trying to play it smooth.

"Yeah, every girl we hang out with is suddenly our love interest. It's crazy," Roc jumps in, trying to save Prince. I love their bromance so much, it's adorable.

Jessica nods, "That's true for every celeb. But tell me Prince, can you see a future with Kacey?"

Everyone's eyes turn towards me, London whispers stuff under her breath but I can't hear it because my ears are ringing. Princeton doesn't even break a sweat or look in my direction as he replies, "She's cool and everything but she's just a fan. I don't think we can be together...we come from two different worlds."

And that's when I shattered completely.

**

Sorry for errors :P

COMMENT.COMMENT.COMMENT!!!!!