Struggle #22

I blacked out right after I got my nose bashed with the door. I'm not sure how long I was out, but by the time I woke up it was dark outside and I was back on the tour bus in my bed. I sit up and I swear it feels like my nose is about to slide off my face. It feels heavy and kind of stuffed up, I touch it gently to find a bandage on it. One of those bandages that celebs get placed on their nose after plastic surgery.

Memory of what went down earlier flashes through my mind and a wave of sadness washes over me. Not only does Princeton like London, but he's playing right into her trap. The BET awards will be just the amount of attention she's looking for and who knows what she'll do to Prince afterward. Once the press knows her name they'll be on her like she's the last cookie on the plate and knowing her, she'll probably leave poor Prince in the dust.

I climb down off my bed and open the door, walking down the hall to the front of the bus. I walk in to find the girls watching a movie, bowls of chips and candy rest on the floor and table. I sit beside Joya, she jumps and looks away from the tv at me.

"It's a good thing you're up or Walter was gonna take you to the hospital. Luckily Kenneth knows how to deal with injuries like yours," she tells me with a warm smile. "How's your nose feelings."

"It stings a little but other than that I'm alright." I say shrugging my shoulders, "Leave it to me to be hit in the face with a door."

Renee laughs from her spot on the couch, "How did that happen anyway. Prod keeps telling us to tell you he's really sorry. Him and Prince came in here at least four times during the rest stops to check on you."

For some reason a smile doesn't even appear on my face at the mention of Prince coming in to check on me. Knowing him, he probably flirted with London on his way out. I look over at London who's tapping away on her phone, not paying anyone any mind.

"I'm clumsy as always," I finally respond. "I should have seen the door open, I'm stupid." I say it in a light way, making the girls giggle. But it's true, I'm stupid for thinking I have a chance with Prince. Stupid for thinking London's charming ways and beauty wouldn't work this time. Stupid for trying to make fantasy into reality.

"Gimme the remote!" London exclaims, grabbing the remote from Yannie's hands and switching the movie to channel 5.

Yannie scoffs bitterly, "You changed a good drama movie to the news?" Her face is blank as she stares at London.

London stares back twice as evilly. "Maybe y'all don't like to know what's going on in the world, but I do. I'll change it back in like five minutes so calm down." Her words are so sharp you could slice the tension with them, she focuses back on the tv, clenching the remote closely. I look at the tv, a news reporter with long curly hair and beautiful wide eyes speaks about a murder that took place late last night. The way she talks, the way she carries herself and that gorgeous hair could only mean one thing. She's London's mom. I look over at London who's staring at the screen, pure admiration in her eyes. She must be homesick, I know I'm feeling a little bit of it myself. I make a mental note to call my mom later on before she thinks I'm dead or something.

My stomach growls, reminding me I haven't eaten since this morning. Joya glances down at my stomach quizzically before her eyes light up. "Oh yeah, we got some pizza earlier. The box is over by the table."

I happily bounce over to the box and lift the lid, four slices of pepperoni and bacon pizza is leftover. I take two slices, taking a bite out of one of them. It's a little cold but I'm too hungry to heat it up, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

That night on the tour bus seemed to be the longest night ever. I just wanted to get some fresh air, clear my head and start a new day. The morning couldn't come fast enough.

When I finally step off the tour bus I inhale deeply, taking in the air of Alabama. Of course I'm still sad about Prince liking London but I'm going to have to pretend like it doesn't effect me. I really don't want anyone's pity, I hate being a charity case to anyone. My crush on Prince is way too big to just over come in one night, its going to take a while for me to stop fangirling and "obsessing" as some people want to call it.

"Too much light in this window, don't wake me up!" I hear Prodigy singing as he walks off the bus. I laugh as the other boys follow him, each looking just right in their clothes. Prod is wearing green Harlem pants with a v-neck shirt, he looks really good today. Prince and Ray seem to be coordinating today with all the layers they got on. How they don't break a sweat is a mystery to me. "Morning Kay Kay," Myles calls out to me.

"Morning big head," I say back. Prod walks over to me with hands in his pockets. He opens his mouth but I cut him off, "Please don't apologize Prod. It was an accident."

He laughs and hangs his head, peeking up at me. "I feel so bad though. I don't know why I was charging into the room like a bull." He runs his hand over his hair, "At least Prince caught you."

"Prince caught me?" I ask surprised. Prodigy nods and I look over towards Prince where London is admiring his jacket. I watch as he takes a button off and pins it to her shirt, she gives him a smile that only I can tell is completely fake. "What does he see in her?"

"Whatever it is, it's fake." Prodigy tells me. I look at him surprised and he motions for me to come closer. I lean in towards him as he speaks in a lower voice, "Prince always does this. Finds a girl, falls hard, obsesses and then gets crushed. It's the same thing each time. Don't get me wrong though, thats bro and he has a big heart but I just wish he would be careful who he lets in. He's gonna get hurt really bad one day."

I shake my head, confused. "I thought Prince would know better. Girls will say and do anything just for his attention just because he's a celebrity, I thought he'd be more careful."

"Trust me Kacey, you dont know him the way I do. Prince believes in true love and he's searching under every rock to find it. He's got plenty of time though so I want him to just take it easy." Prodigy sighs loudly as we watch Princeton and London laugh with each other, their smiles bright enough to light up the whole world.

"Sometimes you have to look deeper into a person to know if their feelings are genuine enough." I say, my mind deep in thought about how blind Prince is being. He's obviously falling hard for London and even though he's not interested in my right now, I'm going to steer him in the right direction and prove that she's not the one for him.

"Sometimes you've just gotta open your eyes." Prod adds on, his voice sounds so full emotion that I turn to look at him to find him already staring at me. He smiles a little, his eyes twinkling as he holds my gaze.

I smile too and sling my arm around his neck, "You give great advice Prod and you look out for everyone. I would love it if you were my bigger brother." I rest my head against his, still staring at London and Prince.

I feel Prod tense slightly before letting out a sigh. "Yeah..." He trails off.

I don't pay much attention to his dull tone because song starts playing in my head as I think about everything.

If Prince is so blinded by London's looks then so be it. If I cant turn Prince against London, then I'll have to turn London against Prince.

I watch with a smirk as Princeton pulls out his phone and points it towards London who smiles and holds up the peace sign. I narrow my eyes at her, the song still playing on a loop in my head.

"One way or another...I'm gonna find ya...I'm gonna getcha getcha getcha getcha!"

**
I got school in the morning guys T___T I don't wanna go there (Chris brown voice)

COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT