Struggle #25

This whole week has been hilarious for me. London is so confused with Princes sudden behavior that I can't believe she's falling right into my tricks. No wonder he likes her, she's just as clueless as he acts sometimes. The new appearance was just the beginning, I've been feeding Prince bullshit about the things that London finds cute or sexy. He's been flaunting that nose ring like he's the sexiest bull around. Of course London plasters on a fake smile around him but as soon as his back turns she looks like she's ready to run far away from him.

"Ray stop that, please!" I exclaim, struggling to catch my breath. Ray dared me to run on the fastest treadmill setting and now I regret actually doing it. My legs are on fire and so is my burning throat, I wouldn't be surprised if my heart explodes out of my chest right now.

Today Walt took us down to the Fitness Center where the boys workout in the gym. I decided to be a little loose today and threw on some shorts, my yellow tank and my converse. From the way I'm running right now I probably have pit stains. My hair sticks to my face from the sweat and my clothes cling to my clammy body. Ray and Myles crack up and takes out their phones to record me.

"Go Kacey, go Kacey!" Renee cheers me on, doing the running man.

Roc squirts her with his water bottle and she shrieks in surprise. "Let me show you how a real pro does it." He tells her before busting out in the running man. He looks like a big bear chasing after a pot of honey, making all is us bust out in laughter. Renee rolls her eyes at him before snatching his water bottle and squirting him in the face with it. He splutters for a moment before racing toward her, backing her up into the wall so that they're chest to chest.

"Apologize," he growls sexily. The surprised expression on her face is priceless. Dirty thoughts run through my mind about what Roc could do to her if everyone else wasn't in here.

Renee crosses her arms smugly, "Or what?"

He smirks at her deviously and I don't get a chance to see his response because Prince taps lightly on the machine. I turn to look at him, his shirt hanging around his neck showing off his beautiful chest. If there was a good time to pass out, it would be now. His hair is pulled back right into a pony puff, the ring still hanging in his nose. "Run any faster and the machine will probably blow up."

I can't even laugh because if i do I might fall over my feet and skin up my face. "Please turn it off, Ray and Myles are trying to kill me." I pant out. He laughs and reaches towards the button to slow it down. The door swinging open distracts him and we look up to find London walking in wearing a small crop top that shows off her toned stomach and shorts that are probably cutting off her crotch circulation.

"So who's gonna help me work out? I'm getting fat." She pouts, pinching the skin on her smooth stomach. In no time at all Prince is making his way over to her, nearly leaving a trail of drool behind him.

"Prince! Help!?" I exclaim, by now my legs are practically screaming for me to stop but I'm so caught up in the fact that Prince has the attention span of a puppy, that I end up stumbling over my own feet and falling forward. The belt of the treadmill lunges my body backwards off the machine right into one of the exercise bikes with a loud painful crash.

In seconds my friends are crowded around me, Prod kneeling down close by my side. "Are you ok?" He asks me, concern written all over his face. I look over his shoulder at Princeton who is still talking with London, completely oblivious to my epic fail.

"I'm fine, really I am." I say, even though my legs feel like jelly and my back hurts. Prod helps me to my feet, the room spins for a moment before finally becoming still again. Everyone is staring at me with wide eyes. I smile reassuringly, "Seriously guys I'm fine. Calm down."

Ray burst out laughing, "Nigga you flew off that treadmill! You thought you was a bird?" He asks, tears welling up in his eyes. Yannie smacks him in the chest even though I can tell she's fighting a smile.

I laugh too, just to be a good sport. "Shut up Ray," I nudge him gently. I try to turn away but my legs scream in protest and I wince. Prod puts a hand on my shoulder. "Come sit and get some ice." He tells me. I don't get the chance to respond before he places my arm around his neck and his arm secures my waist. Together we walk out the equipment room and down a hall to a small door. We go inside and Prod helps me sit down on one of the cool leather and wood couches as he goes to a mini fridge. I watch as he pulls out an ice pack and wraps it in a paper towel before handing it to me.

"Thanks," I say with an embarrassed smile, placing the freezing pack on my lower back.

Prod smiles before kneeling down to my legs, he lifts my right leg and looks at my knee which I just noticed is busted and bloody. I gasp at the amount of blood oozing from my bright red knee. Prod quickly grabs some tissue and applies pressure to my stinging knee. I wince from the brief pain and Prod glances up at me apologetically with those huge brown eyes, filled with genuine concern. I watch silently as he reaches into a tiny metal box under the couch and pulls out a first aid kit, choosing a big bandage. He tears open with his teeth and places it carefully over my knee before standing and throwing the wrapper out.

I sigh as he sits down next to me, "Thank you so much Prod." I say to him.

He chuckles, "You already said that Kacey."

I smile, "I know..." The air becomes silent again as I think back to what Krissi said about me and Prod, how we would be cute together and stuff. I glance at Prod out the corner of my eye to see him staring at his hands as he fiddle with his thumbs. It's true, Prod has been really helpful and friendly towards me. But I've had my heart set on Prince for a long time. I can't just be homie hopping. Plus I said he's like a brother...how awkward would that be if I started crushing on him?

"So how hard do you think they're laughing at me right now?" I ask sheepishly, my cheeks blushing hard from the memory of what just happened.

"Well Ray is probably on the floor crying while Roc and Myles are turning red from laughing so hard." He admits. I scoff and slap his arm playfully, he tosses me an innocent smirk, "What? I'm just be honest."

I giggle and roll my eyes. "Whatever..." My eyes travel to another door on the opposite wall. "Where does that one lead to?" I ask pointing towards it. Prod smiles and stands up from the couch, offering me his hand. I grab it and he leads me over to the door, jiggling the knob before pushing inside. The automatic lights flicker on and I find myself standing inside a dance studio. "Wow...this place has everything huh?"

"Yeah," Prodigy agrees. I walk over to the wall to wall mirror and turn my back to it, lightly raising my shirt and craning my neck around to see if I'm severely injured. After unsuccessfully examining my back I turn back to face the mirror, becoming lost in my thoughts as I stare at myself. I try to imagine myself walking into the gym wearing what London was but all I can see is my muffin top hanging over my shorts and my crazy hair in a tangle ponytail. I feel my mood turn salty as I remember how Prince was pulled into a trance by that skank.

It's not until I feel the freezing ice pack being pressed against my back that I realize I'm no longer holding it. Prod is standing close behind me lightly rubbing up and down my bare skin with the cold ice, his eyes are lowered and either staring at my flat butt or my back.

My body tenses for some reason and Prod looks up through hi eyelashes at me, "You have a bruise in the middle of your back." He tells me, still using the ice pack to massage my back. I have to admit, this actually feels better than just holding the ice there. Prod continues to look at me through the mirror and chuckles, "What the hell where you doing that you managed to fly off a damn treadmill like that?"

I laugh at his playful tone, "London's sex appeal happened. Prince wasn't the only one distracted by her presence." I say, rolling my eyes.

Prodigy shakes his head, "stop sweating her Kacey, she's not worth it, I'm telling you."

I sigh, Prod will never understand how I feel for his "brother". It's a girl thing...only my girl friends will be able to relate. With an eye roll I pull away from Prod and take my iPod out my pocket, "How about some music. Lemme see you freestyle!" I say excitedly, skipping over to the stereo mounted on the wall.

I connect my iPod and choose Trumpet Lights by Chris Brown. Prods face lights up and he immediately starts popping his chest to the beat. Chris starts singing and Prod begins going hard for his idol. I lean on the bar connected to the mirror and watch in fascination as he moves so fluidly like he doesn't have a bone in his body. It really is like watching a mini Chris Brown. I sway my hips to the beat, really getting into one of my favorite songs by Breezy. Prod raises his eyebrow as I really start moving, I immediately freeze when I feel his intense gaze on me.

"You dance?" He asks.

I shake my head quickly. "No. I can't dance."

"Yeah right," Prod says walking over to the stereo and picking up my iPod. "I know you got this song...ha you do!" He exclaims.

The beat to Your Favorite Song comes on and I gasp. "This is a grinding song!" I say laughing.

"Only if you want it to be." Prod points out smugly. I roll my eyes and he steps closer to me. "Show me whatchu working with." I shake my head, crossing my arms defiantly.

(A/N: I was listening to Your Favorite Song while writing this and it kind helps to picture the scene a little better.)

"Hey, don't be shy now." Prod grabs my hand, taking the ice pack from me and putting it on the floor.

"Can't stop the track, girl admit I gotchu winding it back." He sings to me, spinning me around. I land sloppily in his arms and he laughs as a flustered look comes on my face. He pushes me backwards lightly, forcing me to take a step back. I look down, following his foot work as easily I can. He starts moving a little quicker and I struggle to keep up. He lets me go and begins dancing around me. I watch in the mirror as he moves so easily, wishing I could move like that. He grabs my hand and I mimic one of his moves as best I can. He laughs again and I smile as he pulls me closer to his chest.

"Girl it's been too long..." He dips me and I cling to his hand in fear he might drop me. "Oooh just like that I'm in sync with your heart beat." Next thing I know Prod is doing some kind of body roll against me, pulling me right side up. My breath catches at how sensual that was, he smirks before pulling forwards, making me fall into sync with him.

"Stop being so stiff, just flow with it." He urges me. He releases me and I shyly do a little move that I saw in a Ciara video once. He gives me a thumbs up and urges for me to continue, his smile lighting up the world. For some reason I begin to loosen up and feel more comfortable around him. Maybe it's the rare heart warming smile or the enthusiasm he has for dance. Whatever it is has me dancing across the floor, free styling with Prod. He grabs my hand again and spins me, this time I land smoothly in his arms and i can't help but smile at my victory as the song gets to Rocs part.

By now we're breathing hard, face to face, just staring at each other. Prod eyes bore into me, filled with that same flicker I always see in his gaze. He licks his lips, "Kacey...I don't think you should keep chasing Princeton. He doesn't deserve you and a pretty girl like you shouldn't be wasting her time chasing after some guy. That's the guys job, you're just supposed to be you because the right one may be closer than you think."

I'm too out of breath...and out of shape...to speak. Prod glances down at my lips, I want to scream because if he kisses me then I just might run away and lock myself in the bathroom forever. Instead, he pinches my chin lightly with his thumb and pointed finger before walking out of the dance studio.

I look in the mirror, panting and trying to catch my breath. What just happened?....

**
I wrote this in a spur of the moment kind of thing so there's probably hella errors, ignore them :P

COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT!