Struggle #26

After a few minutes of recollecting myself I finally leave the dance studio, limping because of my aching knee. I return the ice pack back to the fridge and go back to the equipment room. Everyone is busy talking and working out to notice me limp over to the mirrored wall and sit down. In one corner of the room Prince is teaching London how to use a machine that requires her to do squats. Of course she'd pick that one...Prodigy is in the opposite corner of the room doing sit ups with Roc like nothing happened between us a few minutes ago.

Honestly I'm not sure if that intense moment really happened. It's like one moment we're dancing and the next minute he's all up in my face talking about Prince doesn't deserve me. Which I don't think makes sense because Prince is a celebrity, shouldn't it be that I don't deserve him? I mean I'm Kacey. Average all American teenager that fangirls on tumblr all day. Prince could have any girl he wants with the snap of his fingers.

For the rest of the time in the gym, I listen to my music and try to gather my thoughts. I make a mental note to call Jayla later and get her advice on the situation. She's always been good at deciphering boys while I just sit there cluelessly as always. I start to think about how funny it would be if Jayla was here. She would probably crack up at me falling off the treadmill but she would also put London in check. I chuckle to myself, with my luck Prince would probably ending up falling for her too.

I glance over at Prod as he stretches his legs out. Does he really like me or is he taking pity on me for chasing Princeton? Prods too nice to come out and tell me straight up that I look stupid going through all this for a boy. But somehow he's the only one who can see right through me. I've been trying so hard to make it seem like Im not completely in love with Prince anymore but Prod can clearly tell I am. Why can't Prince see it too?

Damn I feel like I'm in A Midsummer Nights Dream. Everyone is falling for the wrong person.

When we leave the gym we go back to the hotel to take our showers and freshen up. Joya races into the bathroom and jumps into the shower since she's leaving for the Drake concert with Jacob in about an hour. I go into my room and call Jayla, hoping she has time to talk. She answers on the first ring with a squeal.

"Treyvon I swear if you do it again I'm going to smack you with this shoe!" She yells at him, laughing as something falls in the background.

I frown, "Hey Jay, you busy?"

"Hold on." She tells me. I hear shuffling and more thuds like she's running. She laughs again before a door slams shut. "K I just locked myself in Treyvon's basement so he'll stop bothering me, he always does this when I'm on the phone." I can hear the smile in her voice, "Anyway, what's up with you?"

I smile, missing the sound of my friends voice. I sit down on the edge of my bed and kick my feet back and forth. "Things just got really complicated Jay." I tell her.

"Ohh drama, spill it all." She says like a nosy interviewer.

"It's not the good type of drama Jay. I'm in a love square."

"Damn Kacey you bagging boys left and right? You better work!" I hear her snap her fingers and can just picture the smile on her face. I laugh, shaking my head.

"No Jayla that's the problem! I like Prince, Prince likes London, and I think Prod is catching feelings for me." I say exasperatedly, it sounds even more complicated when I say it out loud.

Jayla gasp, "Prodigy like you!? Oh that's so cute." She gushes.

I roll my eyes, "Jayla will you focus? You're not understanding my dilemma!" I snap at her, my patience wearing thin.

"Then explain it to me." She snaps back with the same attitude. I roll my eyes again, how do we out up with each other?

I take a moment to gather all my thoughts before explaining everything to Jayla from beginning to end, starting with London admitting that she's only in it for the fame. I'm the type of person that has a low tolerance level and I hate when things don't go the way I planned. So by the time I'm almost done talking, my words are shaking and a heaviness weighs down on my chest. I have to take deep breaths in order to calm myself down and not burst into tears. I cry when I'm frustrated and I really don't feel like having a mental break down.

"Jayla I don't know what to do, please help me." I croak out, my voice cracking pathetically.

"The most I can tell you is to tell Prince what London's up to. Whether you made a deal with her or not, it's not fair for anyone to get played like that. You told me yourself how sensitive he is, can you imagine the heart break he's gonna suffer from when this is all over?" Jayla's voice is soft and gentle as she speaks to me, if it wasn't Id probably be bawling right now.

I lay back on the bed, my head sinking into the fluffy pillow. "But what about Prodigy? I really don't want to leave him hanging like that, especially after how caring he was today."

"Do you have feelings for him Kacey?"

Silence...

Do I?

Maybe.

"I didnt before but now...I don't know." I admit to her.

Jayla's quiet for a moment before speaking again, "Well first, you need to figure out who you have genuine feelings for. Once you tell Prince about London's fake self, if he still chooses to chase after her then he's not worth it Kacey. I think Prod is more of a keeper for you."

I nod my head. Everything she just said is true and I'm going to get my mind straight before tackling this problem. "Thank you so much Jay, you saved me from a mental break down." She giggles and I sigh, checking the time. "Gotta go take a shower Jay, we have to go with MB to some lunch meeting with people from Interscope Records in a little while."

"Alright, call me later Kay Kay." Jayla coos before hanging up. I gather my clothes for the day and head out the room towards the bathroom. The door swings open and Joya steps out, my lips curve into a smile at the sight of her. "You look so pretty!" I exclaim.

The other girls come running down the hall as we admire Joya. Her hair is pulled up into a high bun as she sports a light pink tie front shirt with a floral collar, acid wash shorts and a pair of Toms. Anchor earrings dangle for her ears and the cat eye eye-liner she has on pulls the whole look together.

We follow Joya towards the living room bombarding her with questions and comments like, Do you think he's gonna kiss you? What time are you coming back? Don't eat anything that will make your breath stink! Are you gonna hold hands? Are you gonna twerk on him?

Joya just laughs, covering her face at some of the crazy things we're babbling out. London whips her head to look at us from where she's watching the news, her mom is reporting again. "Will you guys shut up for like two seconds? I can't hear!" She snaps, her eyes blazing,

Renee turns and glares at her, "1,2" she ticks off the seconds on her finger before focusing on Joya again, turning her back to a sneering London.

"Ugh, you're so lucky you get to go to see Drake instead of the boring business lunch." Yannie groans enviously. Joya chuckles and sticks out her tongue in a teasing way just as there's a knock at the door.

"Excuse me ladies," she pushes us out the way to clear a path towards the door. "Jakey boo is here." She playfully struts towards the door and we laugh.

"Have fun on your date!" I call after her.

Joya looks over her shoulder and winks before pulling open the door to reveal a beaming Jacob on the other side. He looks just as good as she does in red pants, a white and black shirt and a leather jacket. "Ready to turn up?" He asks her.

If she nodded her head any faster it would fall off and roll away.

**
Just a little filler for ya,

Who are you shipping? Pracey? (Prod and Kacey)
Or
Princey (Prince and Kacey)

Lol I'm bad at coming up with these....COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT!