Struggle #20

"Kacey give Prod his glove....Kacey bring Ray his belt...Kacey make sure Princeton's button stay on...Kacey this...Kacey that!" The crew backstage barks at me. Every night it's the same thing, complete chaos back stage as the boys prepare to go on stage. Me and the girls are rushing around like chickens with their head cut off, making sure every things is ready for the performance. My legs are tired from running from dressing room to dressing room, giving the boys extra necessetites and straightening up their clothes. My calf muscles should be strong as a rock by the time this tour is over.

 I burst into Princeton's dressing room to find him shirtless with just his pants on and his hair pulled back into a ponytail. He looks up at me as I stand there stunned, his belt dangling in my hand as I stare at him. A prickly heat breaks out under my arms as my mind kicks into over drive. He may not be as built as Roc but good jeezus he's still fine. I look him up and down, forcing myself not to lick my dry lips before he gets the wrong idea.

 "Take a picture, it will last longer." A voice sneers. My eyes snap to London who's sitting on the leather couch flipping through a magazine. I shake my head to break out of the trance he has me in before walking farther into the room. Prince studies me, "You alright? You look tired."

 "Well you try running back and forth down these long hallways and tell me how tired you get." I say, fanning my sweaty face. He chuckles and hands me a bottle of water from his cooler. I take it gratefully and take a long sip before looking over at London. "Have you even been helping?" I ask her.

 She raises her brows at me like the answer should be obvious, "This is your costume he's wearing, not mine." She says, Prince shoots a look at her, his eyebrows crinkled slightly. A grin spreads on my face, that's right London. Show him what a selfish gold digger you really are. London catches his eye and her facial expression changes, "But if you insist on me helping then fine."

 London walks over and takes the belt from my hands, she turns to Princeton and I watch as she literally puts the belt through the loops and fastens it on his waist. To say I'm practically bathing in salt right now is an understatement. I'm basically swimming in it. My arms cross over my chest in envy while Prince flashes her a 'thank you smile." Mind you he's still shirtless so he looks like a bronzed greek god right now, standing there in all his beautiful glory.

 I grit my teeth and pick up Princeton's shirt from where it's hanging over the chair and fling it at him. It lands on his head and he laughs, removing it and slipping it on. London sits in the chair at his vanity and watches as he gets dressed. He slips on the varsity jacket with the leopard print P, admiring how it looks in the mirror behind me. A lightbulb flashes in my head and before I know it, my mind decides to be bold and walk closer to him. I place a hand on his chest where the P is, running my fingers over the leopard design and look up at him.

 "This is probably my favorite item out of all the designs." I say, stroking it gently. I widen my eyes, giving him an innocent look and a smirk.

 Princeton ruffles my hair, "It should be, you did a good job on it and I heard you fought for it."

 A blush creeps onto my face, "Who told you about that?"

 "A little birdie." He says playfully. I roll my eyes, it was London. No doubt in my mind. I glance out the corner of my eye to see London staring me down, her eyes narrowed into slits. I back away from Prince as he pulls out his ponytail and fluffs his curls. Just to push the envelope a little more, I reach up and tousle the curls in his hair, helping him spread them out into his usual poofy afro. My fingers moves through his soft hair, smoothly gliding through his thick tendrils. I've always dreamed of this day and now I'm finally getting to experience it.

 If you've never gotten the chance to touch Princeton's hair, let me just tell you that it feels like a soft puffy cloud. It's not greasy or anything, it's thick and perfect like he just walked off the set of a shampoo commercial. I could do this all day.