ET Had Sex With A Lizard

Maddison's POV

"Good morning" I smiled at Xavier as he walked into the kitchen.

He just grunted and sat down.

Well someone's in a bad mood...

"You want some coffee?"

"Maddison just... Don't talk" he groaned as he dropped his head into his hands.

I decided it was best not to say anything at this point in time, so I placed a cup of coffee on the counter in front of him, before leaving to go shower.

******

At ten, Xavier and I joined the rest of the board members at the conference room.

I kept my distance from Jacob. Not because I was afraid of being confronted again, but because I just didn't want to talk to that asshole.

"My secretary, will now hand out our company policy papers" Xavier said as he glanced at me, as he ended his speech.

Wait!
That means giving it to Jacob as well!
I don't want to do that!
Oh my god! I am being such a child!

I immediately got up, pushing my side braid to the back, as I picked my the stack of papers on my right, and began to walk around the room, handing them out to the other board members.

When I reached Jacob, I swiftly handed him the paper and walked off, without giving him a second glance.

After the meeting Xavier stayed back to talk to another board member. I was so busy gathering and filing the remaining documents, that I didn't realise I was the only one left in the room.

I quickly picked up everything and started walking toward the door, but just as I reached out to open it, it opened by itself, send my papers flying everywhere.

"Fuck" I muttered as I got onto my knees and started picking up the papers from the floor.

"Curse words don't sound nice coming from your mouth sweetheart"

I didn't even need to look up to see who it was.

"Don't fucking call me that" I answered sharply, not taking my eyes off the ground.

"You haven't changed one bit Madison. Still the same. Same temper, same hair, same clothes-"

I could imagine him smiling and laughing quietly.

"Cut the crap Jacob. What do you want?"

"You know what I want Madison..." He said as he crouched down next to me.

I didn't back away, like I normally would have.

"Maddison I want us back. Just please listen to me baby..." He pleaded as he gently touched my arm.

"Don't touch me" I said, emphasising every word, as I quickly gathered all the papers and got up.

"Come on Maddie! Just hear me out okay? I'm not asking you to come back to me or anything, but just hear me out and then you can decide what to do next"