Fat Booty Inspector

Maddison's POV

"Hello son" The old man smiled, causing wrinkles to appear near his eyes, as he started walking forward to hug his son.

Xavier slowly bent down and put Noah down, and helped me get Noel off my back. Both children ran back to their parents.

The old man wrapped his arms around Xavier's shoulders, and patted his arms. Xavier stayed where he was. He didn't move his arms at all. He just stood there, as his father hugged him.

What's wrong with him?

"Well well well, if it isn't Matthew Andrews" Adien's voice appeared from behind.

"If it isn't Adien Maxwell" Matthew replied, imitating Adien.

The two laughed as they hugged.

"You must be Maddison" he smiled at me after pulling away from Adien.

"Yes. Um... It's a pleasure to meet you sir" I smiled.

"Please... Call me Matthew" he laughed. "When you call me 'sir' it makes me feel very old"

I liked Matthew. He was a great guy who had an amazing sense of humor, unlike his son.

******

"So Xavier, how's work been so far?" Matthew asked him as he put a piece of steak into his mouth and slowly chewed on it.

"Fine"

Fine?
Fine is something you say when you want to avoid conversation!
Why does he want to avoid talking to his father?

Matthew sighed, clearly saddened by his sons response, but covered it up with a smile.

"And how is Sienna doing? I was with her a few days before the baby was delivered. I was actually going to go back after my work was done in Spain, but then I saw the news and-"

"No need to make excuses dad. Both Sienna and the baby are doing fine"

Okay, he's pissing me off. Can't he see how much of an effort his father is making to try to get him to talk to him properly? How can anyone be so blind?

I think everyone could sense the awkwardness in the room, and luckily, Matthew decided to break it, seeing there was no point trying to talk to his son.

"So Maddison, tell me about you. What're some of your interests?"

"Oh! Um well..." I started off as I cleared my throat, "I like dancing, photography, discovering new places, eating, sleeping-"

'Sleeping' earned a laugh from the table.

"Don't all of us love that?" Rachel chuckled.

"Matthew I don't care what you say. I like this one! So simple yet sweet, and she has an amazing sense of humor!" Adien announced.

"Who said I didn't like her?" Matthew laughed. "I absolutely love her!"

"So tell me Maddison, how on earth, with you being all happy and stuff, did you fall for Xavier?" Rachel asked, with a smug look on her face.