His Little Secret

Very important authors note at the end. Please read!
----------------------------------------------

Maddison's POV

It had been a week since my encounter with Perrie and Jacob. I didn't exactly know what I wanted. I didn't know what to think or feel that day when I hugged him for the first time in so many years.

But one thing was for sure. I missed him. I really did. I missed his scent and his warmth, I missed waking up to see his peacefully sleeping face beside me. I missed everything about us, but surprisingly, didn't think I wanted any of it back.

I had buried myself in work for the past few days, to keep my mind away and busy from thinking about him. About... us

Xavier had been distant as well. He had been stressed about a business deal and wasn't taking care of himself very well. He hadn't been eating properly and the eye bags under his eyes were very evident, no matter how much he denied it.

"Maddison? Hello? Earth to Maddison?"

"Huh? Sorry. I just-"

"You zoned out again didn't you?" She rolled her eyes at me.

"Yeah" I sighed.

"Okay so let me get this straight; the father of Perrie's baby is Tyler, not Jacob?" She asked as she raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah..."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Perrie herself told me" I sighed.

"Wow. That's some messed up shit" she said as she let out a low whistle.

"Yeah no shit Allison" I smiled sarcastically.

"So what now?" She asked as she blew a bubble from the bubblegum she had been chewing for the past ten minutes.

"I don't know..." I sighed as I ran my hand through my tangled hair, slowly removing the knots.

"Do you still love him?"

"I don't know..."

"Do you love Xavier?"

"What?" I almost screamed. "Where did that come from?"

"Maddison... come on! The guy bought you clothes, shoes, strawberries and even listens to your pathetic jokes. I mean come on! Even I wouldn't do that!"

I rolled my eyes at her. "So?"

"What the fuck do you mean 'so?' Can I just take this opportunity to point out that this guy is the worlds current most eligible bachelor? And out of all the women in the world, he chose you to become his girlfriend! I mean he could've chosen some actress or some model, but he chose you! Plain old simple Maddison Green over Gigi Hadid or Candice Swanepoel! That's definitely gotta mean something!"

"But I-"

"Just think about that for a while Maddison! Just think about it before you say anything okay? I need to go but please, just think about it okay? Promise me you will?"