Just Let Go

Maddison's POV

Tonight was 'letting go' night.

To be honest, I was actually really nervous. I mean I know I was the one who suggested it in the first place but I'm still extremely nervous about what would happen after tonight? If things would still be the same or if something would change.

I was putting on my heels when I heard him knock on my door.

"Ready to go?"

"Yeah. Just give me two minutes" I yelled back.

I quickly rushed to my full length mirror and looked at myself again. I had fallen asleep in the afternoon with my hair braided, so when I woke up and untied it, it was really curly. Fortunately, it looked quite nice to I decided to just let it be. My natural waves would come back soon enough.

I wore a short black, lacey quarter sleeve dress, something I used to think I could never pull off. The inner layer of the dress was fully black and strapless. The outer lace was over the thinner layer. The dress had a high neckline, with the top of my chest and being exposed due to it being just lace. This kind of enhanced my talk frame and curvy figure.

I had perfectly put on a thick layer of eyeliner and mascara which brought out my sadly boring brown eyes. How you ask? All credit goes to some random YouTube video, which I must've paused and rewatched at least fifty times. I'd put on dark red lipstick, courtesy of Allison, which gave me a 'mysterious yet seductive' look... whatever that meant.

To finish, I had worn my four-inch black pumps, and silver hoops.

I'm not trying to brag here, but in my opinion, I thought I looked quite good.

I quickly grabbed my coat and put it on before leaving my room. It was black and kind of covered up everything I'd put so much effort into for the past two hours.

I rushed down the stairs, and my breath was taken away when I saw him. Xavier was wearing a black button down shirt, with his sleeves rolled up to his elbows and dark wash jeans. His hair was gelled, but not to the point where it looked over the top. He had, thankfully, shaved, and instead of the beard, a thin layer of stubble lay on his cheeks.

All in all, he looked hot.

When I was done checking him out, I looked back up to his face, only to see his eyebrows furrowed.

"Anything wrong?" I asked.

"Why're you wearing a coat?"

"Because it gets cold outside?" I shrugged.

"Yeah but you being drunken you, would probably forget it at the club"

"True..." I sighed as I started to take it off. When I did, I put it down on the couch and turned to him, only to see his eyes taking over my body.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't happy with him doing that.

"Ready to go?" I smirked, making him look up at me.

"Yeah. Let's go" he said as he reached for my hand.

He mumbled something on our way out but I didn't quite get all of it. It sounded something like;