Comparing Vegetables and Dessert

Recap from previous chapter:

"Okay. I've come up with what I want from you" Xavier smirked evilly as we sat down on the couch once we were home.

"What?" I sighed, just wanting to get it done and over with.

"I want you to-"

He was interrupted by my phones constant ringing. I sent him an apologetic smile, and picked up without checking the called ID.

"Hello?"

"Maddison Green!" She yelled on the other end.

I am so dead.

"Hi mum!"

----------------------------------------------

Maddison's POV

"Hi mum!" I said in a fake-cheery tone.

"Don't you 'hi mum' me! What is this that I'm reading in the papers? You're dating your boss?" She yelled on the other end.

"Um..." I trailed off as I chewed my lip nervously.

"How could you not tell me?" She shrieked.

"I... Forgot?" I tried reasoning weakly.

"Maddison, don't give me that bullshit! I can't believe my baby got a boyfriend and I came to know about it from Darla! Bloody Darla!"

"Mum..." I sighed. "Will you ever stop being such a sore loser just because her pies tasted better than yours?"

"They did not, and they never will!" She replied sharply. "I'm telling you, that lady added something to my pies! Otherwise, I would've won that damn competition!" She cried.

"Okay mum... Your pies taste the best" I said sarcastically as I rolled my eyes at her childish behaviour.

"That's my girl. Now, back to the order of business! When do I get to meet this good looking young man?"

"Wait what?" I shrieked as I nearly dropped the phone and turned to Xavier with alarm in my eyes.

He just sat in the armchair, staring at me with an amused expression.

Bastard

"Um... Can I get back to you on that?"

"Maddison, sweetie, I've known you for a long time. Do you really think I'm going to fall for that?" She said sarcastically.

"No" I sighed in defeat.

"Okay. So what you're going to do now, is get off that lazy ass of yours, and go to your room and we are going to video call so I can meet the young man. I'll ask Maya to set up the laptop on my side and-"

"Mum. I'm not home" I lied.

"Fine. But when you're home, we are video-calling and there's no two ways about it"

"Okay" I groaned.

"Good. Now continue doing whatever it was that you were doing! I have to go. Your dad is calling me. Take care okay? Call me if you need anything"

"Okay. Bye mum" I laughed as I pressed the 'end call' button, only to see a very amused looking Xavier staring at me.

"What?" I shrugged.