Misunderstandings

Xavier's POV

"Holy crap woman I've been looking everywhere for you! Why did you leave?" I hugged inhaling her scent.

God I've missed her...

She blinked as I pulled away but didn't respond.

"I've been going completely insane looking for-"

"Xavier I think you should go"

"What?" My face fell. "Why?"

"Because I don't want you here" she simply stated.

"Sunshine please... Just let me explain" I pleaded with her.

She looked at me for a minute before turning back around.

"Follow me. Try anything and I swear you'll never see me again"

I smiled. Despite her hostile nature towards me, she still let me follow her home.

At least that's a start right?

******

"Sit down on the couch. I'll be right back" she said after unlocking the door and heading up the stairs.

I looked at her go up and realised she looked different... Slightly... Bigger.

I unbuttoned my jacket and laid it on a chair as I sat down on the couch at looked around the place. It looked... comfy. On the coffee table in front of me there were a bunch of books piled up next to a few DVDs.

I smiled to myself.

Only my sunshine would still use DVDs.

Rather than sitting around I decided to scan through the pile of DVDs.

What to expect when you're expecting... due date... look who's talking...

I frowned.

This is odd...

Just as I was about to look through the book pile, the doorbell rung. I stood up and opened it, only to find an elderly woman standing there.

"Young lady how many times have I told you to-Oh!" She looked shocked to see me.

"You are...?" I trailed off.

"Oh! I'm sorry! I'm her next door neighbour Ida" the old lady smiled. "And who might you be?"

"I'm Xavier-"

"Oh! So you're Xavier!" She smirked.

"Does she talk about me?"

"Oh honey she misses you so so so much! You have no idea! But I'm so glad you two got back together! I always told her a child would fix a family"

"I'm sorry?" I asked, wondering about her last sentence.

The woman looked like a dear caught in the headlights. "She hasn't told him yet Ida" she murmured to herself.

Told me what?

"Forget I just said anything" she waved her hand in the air dismissively. "I'm an old woman who's going insane. Bye bye" she said quickly as she left.

What the fuck?

I walked back inside and shook my head.

What did she mean by a child fixes a family?

I walked around as I opened random doors. One was a small bathroom, the next was the kitchen. I looked around, opening random cabinets, and in one I found an unbelievable number of jars filled with pickles.