The Man You Deserve

Recap:

"It's 1:30 in the morning..." I trailed off as I opened the door wider to let him in.

He smiled at me appreciatively as he entered.

"Sorry I took so long, love" he sighed as he sat down and removed his jacket and shoes.

I just stood by the door, watching him, my mouth agape with a small 'o'.

He looked up at me and chuckled when he looked at my face. He got up and in three quick strides he was in front of me.

I looked up at him with questioning eyes, wondering what he was going to do next.

"God damn it I've missed you so much" he muttered before grabbing my waist and smashing his lips onto mine.

-------------------

Maddison's POV

There was a sense of familiarity when he kissed me. I hadn't kissed the man in months, but our lips moved in perfect sync. The kiss was urgent yet gentle and made it seem like all the memories, good and bad, were coming back.

I remembered our time dancing in the rain, our late night texting, our first kiss... I also remembered his fiancé, her threats, his accusations and that's when reality hit me.

"What the fuck?" I screamed as I pushed him off me, and swiftly raised my hand and slapped him.

Hard.

He seemed stunned and raised his hand up to his face, gently rubbing the slightly red area.

"I... I deserved that" he sighed.

'I deserved that!?'
Who does he think he is?

"After everything you did, everything you accused me of, do you really think I'm just going to fall back into your arms and say I love you and want to be with you forever?" I glared at him.

"If I'm being completely honest, I was kind of hoping for that, yeah" he shrugged.

I fucking hated him. I hated how he still had this affect on me. I hated how my body was attracted to his. It was like one magnet being attracted to another.

I took a deep breath to calm my nerves before looking back up at him.

"What do you want?" I voice came out harsher than I intended.

Despite my harsh tone, Xavier never flinched. He just smiled at me before shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Well something hot would be nice. I don't know if you've noticed but I'm drenched, Sunshine"

"Then go home"

"Come on Maddison, please don't be difficult... I drove all the way down here for you! I even-"

"I didn't ask you to come her though, did I?" I shot back.

"Yes, but I-"

"You what, Xavier? I saw the news. I know you broke off your engagement with Stella. But I really don't know what you planned on doing by coming back here" I sighed before continuing. "I don't know what you're thinking about or what you're planning on doing but let's make one thing clear okay? This baby", I said as I placed my hand over my stomach, "is mine. If you ever, ever try to take him or her away from me, there will be grave consequences. Do you hear me?"

Xavier watched my intently as his eyebrows pulled together, forming a frown.

"Wait you think I'm going to take our baby-"