I've Missed You

Recap:

"I'm so sorry" Tears filled her eyes, as she began to sob uncontrollably. "I tried Jake. I really really tried but I... I just can't do it. I can't force myself to love you and keeping you here and constantly giving you the hope that we could be something more... I'm just... I'm so so sorry Jake.

I tried, trust me I really really tired to love you. I tried to forget about Xavier. I really did. But I just can't help it... I'm carrying his baby, I miss him. Despite everything he did to me I still love him.

I... I know I'm a horrible person for doing this to you and making you stay with me, always giving you the hope that we could be something more but I just can't do it anymore. I hate the fact that you're still here and I'm the one who is constantly holding you back.

"I love you Jake..." she whispered as she shakily brought up her hand and caressed the side of my face. "But you deserve so so much more than me. You deserve so much better than me. You're a great guy... But I guess we're just not meant to be"

"Maybe we're meant to be together, but not right now. Maybe we'll run into each other in another life and fall in love again, and it'll be perfect timing" I whispered as I cupped her face in my hands.

"I love you Jake" she smiled at me one last time with tears in her eyes.

"Sleep well" I smiled at her as I pulled away and closed the door behind me.

---------------------------------------------------

Maddison's POV

"I haven't seen that young man come around for a while now" Ida said to me as she sipped her tea.

"Yeah... Jacob's a little... busy these days" I said slowly.

"I see... How's Xavier doing?"

"He's... good I guess? I haven't heard from him since I left the hospital but I guess he's doing okay" I sighed.

As much as I hoped he'd come for me after the night he spoke to me in the hospital a few weeks ago, he hadn't. I know I'd always told him to stay away but in my heart of hearts, I'd always hoped he would never listen and come after me.

She stayed silent for a while before speaking again.

"What are you planning on doing once this baby is born dear?"

The question came as a surprise to me.

"I... I don't know. I will give him or her all the love I can and never-"

"No dear I know that... But you need to accept the fact that this child will be growing up without a father figure in his or her life, if you don't sort things out with Xavier. I'm not saying you should forgive him for everything. I'm just telling you to think about your unborn child... You're close to your father, right? Imagine growing up without him. Would you be able to handle that?"

What would it be like growing up without dad?

I can't imagine it.

******

I was woken up from my afternoon-that-extended-into-late-night nap by the constant ringing of my phone.

"Hello?" I asked groggily.

"Mads did you watch the news!?"

"Allison... It's like ten in the evening"

"Yeah so?"

"It's a Sunday"

"Yeah so?"

"No one wakes up that early from their afternoon naps" I groaned.